PDA

View Full Version : Fender Poll!!!!!!!

ride red
12-13-2001, 05:30 PM
I have a 2000 400EX and I am debating whether I should cut the front fenders or not. I do alot of woods riding and drag racing. What is everyones opinion on this?????

canadian400ex
12-13-2001, 06:06 PM
I'm thinking 'bout cutting mine too...I think it looks sharp I just heard that you will get a lot muddier from the water/mud flying off the front wheels, anyone know how much muddier you do get with the race-cut front fenders?

Foxrage
12-13-2001, 06:41 PM
The stock fenders dont pertect much so what the hell just cut em.

Giz400ex
12-13-2001, 06:42 PM
If you race then I would cut them but if you don't race then why would ya???? And yes, if you do cut them and you like riding in mud and ect. then obviously you are gonna get alot muddier with the cut fenders versus the fenders not cut!!! But, its up to you!!

MichaelS693
12-13-2001, 06:57 PM
i have my front ones on my blaster cut and they are cool what the hell just cut them man.......and about the gettin muddy thing if u get a lil muddy with the regular fenders on ur still gonna either gonna have to take a shower(of course) and wash clothes and the bike cuz u will be muddy period so why not get it even muddier and still wash it see what im sayin so i wouldnt see why u wouldnt want to cuz its looks sweet

crday98
12-13-2001, 10:10 PM
a little advice,if you ride in the snow DON"T CUT THEM or you will regret it:D i hate getting blasted with the slush with the fenders on,i could only imagine what it would be like w/o them;)

MR. HONDA EX'S
12-14-2001, 05:08 AM
hey just be like me. Kept the stock fenderes stock, a buy a set of other fenders and cut them up. I have 2 sets, 1 cut and 1 stock.:devil

redrider ex
12-14-2001, 07:24 AM
I'm going to buy another set and cut the set that is on there now
after all a new set is pretty cheap.

4punksdad
12-14-2001, 06:58 PM
I say cut them..........IF, you are trail riding & like to eat mud :)

my buddy's 250R has cut fenders & he gets plastered with mud every time we ride. here is proof!

400exRacerX
12-14-2001, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by redrider ex
I'm going to buy another set and cut the set that is on there now
after all a new set is pretty cheap.

Also think about headlights if you want them in both sets, they are a pain to be switching back and forth. I will have a mint set of 400ex headlights for sale after the winter when I am done rebuilding. If you want them let me know. They are mint, no scratches on the lenses (they always had nac's headlight covers on them) the top tab isnt broekn off like most other used ones are, bulbs work perfect and everything is in good order. 100$ firm

stevengates45
12-15-2001, 11:54 AM
That guy looked to be stuck pretty good! Im not sure about the 250R, but what i liked best about my old blaster was that when it got stuck you could just pick it up & move it out. Its a tottaly different story with the 300 though!

4punksdad
12-15-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by stevengates45
That guy looked to be stuck pretty good! Im not sure about the 250R, but what i liked best about my old blaster was that when it got stuck you could just pick it up & move it out. Its a tottaly different story with the 300 though!

it took some serious winch work to suck that puppy out of there. 440ex_in_VA from this bulletin board winched him out with his polaris.

hippy440
12-16-2001, 11:38 AM
if you cut the fenders you will get sprayed right in your eyes every time you hit mud or water!!:(

"BLAHH"300!!
12-16-2001, 10:03 PM
sunglasses or somethin-

sure you'll get sprayed but you know...
lay down on the gas tank tuck in your elbows
and gas it- all the mud fly's right by you-
work you clutch and gas from under the handle bars-
works for me-

3punks dad-

i wish my trails had an out house on them like Your's does-
gatta love bein 100 miles from sanity and havin' to take
big fat- BEEEEP! -