PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech X-bars and clamp/Fasst Co. Anti-vibe bar inserts

TORO1968
03-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,

Do any of you run aTrail Tech's X-bar/bar clamp setup? I plan on getting them soon but was wondering if any of you had opinions of their products.

Also, do any of you run Fasst anti-vibration bar inserts? From what I've heard, they make a huge difference...

-Jordan

DUNEZRUNNER
03-18-2003, 07:48 PM
I am running the Trailtech fatbars and clamp thing. They look really nice and were easy to install. I have only been out to the dunes with them once ad they seemed to be nice, just as nice as the rethals I had on it before and stroger. I would recommend them. But I am not a racer, just a duner so maybe racing is a little harder, but I still recommend them

Thomas

Pro400EXC
03-19-2003, 02:44 AM
I got the Trail Tech deal,and I race XC, and lemme tell you what son, she's been gtreat to me, holds up perfectley... The only thing is make sure you got the clamps bolts really nice and tight to the stem,cause they will come loose on yah,but other than that,no prob at all...plus it raises's em up to about stock height...

TORO1968
03-19-2003, 03:48 AM
Cool, thanks for the input guys...

Do the bars sweep back as much as stock?

Hey DUNEZRUNNER, you said you used to have Renthals, do you know if the wall thickness of the Trail tech bars is the same as that of the Renthals?? Or, do any of you know the wall thickness of these bars?

Thanks,

Jordan

DUNEZRUNNER
03-19-2003, 04:06 PM
I dont know exactly for sure but I think that they are thicker and stronger than the rethals that had. The renthals had a cross bar on them and they bent when i just barely rolled my quad onto its side, I did the same thing with the trailtech and they dont even have a scratch on them. I am very happy with the trailtech bars and the clamp looks awesome, mine has the 400ex logo in it.

Thomas

ridesa02400EX
03-19-2003, 04:38 PM
lol i was just thinkin of making a post about the fasst anti vibe bar inserts i am seriously considering them if i hear good things

TORO1968
03-19-2003, 05:12 PM
From what I've read, they sound awesome, but I'm still not sure if they'll work with the Trail Tech bars or not.

Even if they don't work all that great, they're only like $50, so it's no big deal.

I need to give Trail Tech a call tomorrow and see what they say...

-Jordan

TORO1968
03-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Forgot to ask, but do you guys have any pics of your setup? I'm thinking of going with the logo clamp and the black (titanium color I think) bars on my yellow 400ex. Do you guys think that would look good?

-Jordan

DUNEZRUNNER
03-19-2003, 05:24 PM
I am not sure about the blacker colors, I have the aluminum ones on my yellow ex and they look realy nice. I will try to get a pic of them soon

Pro400EXC
03-20-2003, 05:57 AM
Dude,get the Pro Taper bars or Renthal Fat Bars,they are by far the best and stongest bars (Taper style) on the market...W/ the trail tech you use 1/8 bars which are fatter at the clamp section,so yes you need Taper style bars...