PDA

View Full Version : what mod to do

Impala400
03-18-2003, 03:22 PM
i would like to keep the appearance of my quad stock...i like sleepers :D should i cam my quad....like a hotcam since its pretty much a drop in thing, and that would be a god weekend project, or what......i am afraid of getting a hotcam because of the recent flange problems. help me

will the stock exshaust restrict the cam to much?

crashinmatt
03-19-2003, 11:47 AM
if u want something that has the possibilities of doin some damage to other quads, i would get a cam and look into a high compression piston. i have a 416 bore and a wb track cam, and ive beat 440 national motors in a holeshot. and that was before i got a fcr. and i still use the stock head pipe, but i do have a slip on.

honda400exrider
03-19-2003, 11:52 AM
yeah i dont think youll get much out of a cam alone. since you would have it apart, id go high compression as crashin says. id also go with an exhaust, that will definitely help.

Steve-o 400EX
03-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Yea i also agree with them. Do a hotcams stage 1 with a high comp piston, go with a Ross or JE not wiseco, and a slip on exhaust and airfilter. Ur gunna need the airfilter and exhaust to flow the extra air. The cam alone will show you nearly no gains.