PDA

View Full Version : quik Q please respond

sparks400ex101
03-18-2003, 02:49 PM
i ordered my piston today its a je, 10.8 i think, but they said i would need to shave my cylinder is that the same thing as boring, and how much should i pay for some one to do it for my 416?

wgbanks
03-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Stock piston is 85mm. 416 is 87mm. The cylinder will need to be machined....shaved.... bored.... or what ever you might call increasing the diameter of the bore to accept the new piston. I would think that a local shop should be able to do the machine work for around $60.00 or so. It all depends on the shops in your area and their abilities. Check the local bike shops and maybe get some input from a local speed shop. It is a pretty straight forward job to bore the cylinder... no brain surgeon required... a competent machinist should have no problem. Do some local home work and when you get your piston take the cylinder and the piston to the shop at the same time. Cylinder will be machined to your piston. Bring it home put it all together and smile..smile...smile. I'm waiting for my piston and cam from C&D and cant wait to smile myself. Good luck and go fast.:D

speedy400
03-18-2003, 03:27 PM
My local shop, did my shee for 20$ a cylinder