PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 125 XC Builds

fast shee
08-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Ok guys, i am looking for some ideas for a 125 XC build. My rider is 8 so it really needs suspension and chassis setups. I have to build 3 different bikes and this will be the first on the operating table so what do you have and what works for your rider for suspension, bars, and power. I know its gonna cost so i gotta start planning now. Any pics you can post, email or text would be great along with recomendations of what DOES NOT work so i dont have to do it twice. Thanks!!

exhausted
08-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Basic power mods of Full exhaust, No airbox lid, Carb Jet for no lid, Rev box, and lightened flywheel will make it feel like a whole different bike. We have MX bike, so can't help you on the suspension end. Just keep an eye on the frame saver chain guide on the swing arm. it wears very quickly.

kfx450
08-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Call lass at gt thunder if you want a complete buil u are looking at 7-8k on top of the bike

jweidner
08-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Hello Fast shee,

Give me a call to discuss your options, multiple XC championships won with the Raptor 125.

Thank you,
Precision MotorWorx
Jason Weidner 484-369-1608

kfx450
08-29-2013, 10:08 AM
You right but the only gncc overalls I have seen on a raptor are with gt thunder set ups, Colier and glauda I could be wrong but don't think so

fast shee
08-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Well my main concern will suspension first then power. How about these oil coolers i keep seeing and hearing about, make much of a difference lowering engine temps?

jweidner
08-30-2013, 04:47 PM
You right but the only gncc overalls I have seen on a raptor are with gt thunder set ups, Colier and glauda I could be wrong but don't think so

Hi KFX450,

You are certainly correct in regards to these 2 riders, but both have exceptional riding ability. I have seen many riders win races with just a stock quad and many with thousands of dollars not make the top ten.

Your engine is as fast as the engine builder wants it to be, make no mistake!!

Thanks,
Jason

jweidner
08-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Well my main concern will suspension first then power. How about these oil coolers i keep seeing and hearing about, make much of a difference lowering engine temps?

Fast Shee,

Suspension should always be the first thing you do, Oil cooler are certainly help, but depends how they are plumbed. Raptor 125's in general do not make a whole lot of oil pressure.. better than some though!!! If you decide do plumb like the old TRX 90's, you are roughly only cooling 1/3 of the oil passing through the pump. (This will help, but certainly not solve your issue) Many people run fans, fins anything to direct more air across the cylinder cooling fins.

Suspension Suggestions, I must say I have a rider that runs (ATV Fourplay) and they are very nice for the 125. Customer has had no issues with them, and handling is great.

Thanks
Jason