PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Decide!

OakleyAe48
03-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey guyz, I haven't posted here in a long time but I need your help!! I am getting my quad next week and I'm still stuck on what to get.... It's between the 400EX, Z400, Banshee, or 250R. I found a 2002 400EX for $4399 at my local dealership and it has a White Bros pipe, nerfs, and graphic kit that i know of. My question is... with all the new quads out there.. will I be able to hang with the Big Dawgs on a 400EX?? They've been out for awhile and I know everybody praises the new Z400, but will I still be able to race and kick some ***** on a 400EX??!?!!?!?! Help me out guyz.... my friend has a Banshee and he kinda wants me to get a 4-stroke so when can switch rides and stuff when we're at the Badlands haulin *****!! Help me.... Thanx in advance!!!

sweet300ex
03-18-2003, 02:29 PM
what kind of riding do u do?

MX-EX,Z,or R
Trails-same as MX
Dunes-Banshee or R
Open fields-all would be cool but i would say R or Banshee

03-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Well the z400 im sure you would like .. same as 400ex, but banshee can have some probs.. and the R I love.. maybe you would too lol

Narly R
03-18-2003, 02:36 PM
1st thing dont get in a hurry!!!! Dont get that ex!!! Im thinkin look for a r! wait and find one w/ a 310(or sumthin) kit and suspenton mods for around $4500 and get that!!! Defently a r you wont be dissiponted!!! a 400ex will get spanked by most the new sport bikes out there today!:(

OakleyAe48
03-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Well we're building a MX track out here behind my house, plus my neighbor has a open field we can haul A$s in, plus I'll be doin at least a few County Fair MX Races! Plus I will be going to Attica (The Badlands) about once a month, and that is dune and trail! So I guess I'll be ridin everything!! But seriously... if I buy this 400EX.... will I be dissapointed? Will it hang with the big dogs?? Help me guys.... I think I want it but I'm not sure!!

OakleyAe48
03-18-2003, 02:38 PM
HaHa, just saw that newest reply.. but the Dealership that I'm lookin at also has an '88 250R for $3999, should I go for that instead?!

The 250R has Nerfs, Different Tires, and a different front bumper I think... I need to look at it more!

03-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by OakleyAe48
Well we're building a MX track out here behind my house, plus my neighbor has a open field we can haul A$s in, plus I'll be doin at least a few County Fair MX Races! Plus I will be going to Attica (The Badlands) about once a month, and that is dune and trail! So I guess I'll be ridin everything!! But seriously... if I buy this 400EX.... will I be dissapointed? Will it hang with the big dogs?? Help me guys.... I think I want it but I'm not sure!!

then I would get worked R.. unelss you know alot about r's and can work it yourself

Narly R
03-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Lathers
then I would get worked R.. unelss you know alot about r's and can work it yourself
Word up!!! ^ A r, by far,
l It will do fast and be able to pass,
look sweet, be unable to beat,
If yo dont get it, youll regret it,
One day youll see it go buy and wonder why,
and think abpout the r you didnt buy.........:devil

SHABLAM!!!!!!!!!! Thats a rap!:blah

remlapr
03-18-2003, 02:57 PM
The price of that 400EX sounds high too me. Buy a clean used 400EX and fix it up the way you want it. You should be able to find a clean 99-00 for low 3k.

Dune Surfer
03-18-2003, 03:02 PM
I would buy the z, my 426 spanks stock Z's but it cost plenty, The z is better stock but I like the ex riding better. Z= water cooled,newer design, faster stock. I ride both. You might be unhappy with the power of a stock ex, I was

CHAUNCY
03-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Word up!!! ^ A r, by far,
l It will do fast and be able to pass,
look sweet, be unable to beat,
If yo dont get it, youll regret it,
One day youll see it go buy and wonder why,
and think abpout the r you didnt buy.........:devil

SHABLAM!!!!!!!!!! Thats a rap!:blah

LOL, R's are nice.

03-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Narly you freestyle not bad man haha.. and remlapr true dat brotha

Narly R
03-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Ya know (by the way thanks!) I never see those missed spelled words till bout the thired time I look at em! Its cool, I walk around scholl all day jst rappin!(i learn alot) Next Emenem here boys!!!j/k acually I hate rap i just like to do it, that why i blew it,plant it and grew it,ya never knew it. They dont make sense they just ryme, like the noise from a wind chime! Ok that ones messed up! Sorry for the raps I wont do it anymore!

OakleyAe48
03-20-2003, 12:06 AM
Hey Guys! I talked to one of my friends that has a Banshee and we really thought about it and I've decided to go with the 400EX! I wanna go 4-Stroke and right now this is the one that they have sittin in the used showroom so I'm gonna get it! I'll keep ya updated and let you guyz know when I bring it home!!

03-20-2003, 12:11 AM
cool, how much?

OakleyAe48
03-20-2003, 02:01 PM
$4400, Kinda High, but it looks to be in great condition and has some mods... I'll keep you updated on how it all goes! I'm hopin to get it this Saturday!!

03-20-2003, 02:08 PM
i woulda went with the z..........:ermm:

OakleyAe48
03-20-2003, 02:49 PM
I woulda went with the Z too if I bought new.... but I'm only 16 and don't have the $$$ Flow to buy a new quad..... and my dad doesnt have the Cash to pay for one either, we just bought 17 acres of land and moved out here so we're not that hot on money right now.. But I think the EX will whip some ***, so if everything goes right... I'll have it soon!

Warrioreater400ex
03-20-2003, 04:54 PM
PUT THINGS BACK IN PERSPECTIVE.....

the 400ex can keep up with any bike out there if your a good enough rider... i mean ive spanked z and raptors through the woods... but i got beat by this dude on a 300ex?? its a whole lot of rider and a lot less bike than we realize, unless dragging. i mean im just sayin the 400ex is close enough that your at a disadvantage, but if you ride good enough you can keep up if not surpass the "big boys"

Narly R
03-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Ok, let me see if I got this right, your name is Warrioreater400ex. And a warrior can beat a 300ex and you got beat by a 300ex? O-well they guy on the 300 must have beed a really good rider!?
Hey OakleyAe48, sweet lookin bike, what year is it? I think the r would have been better, but the ex's are sweet too!! Get some pics when ya get it home! have fun!:D

CHAUNCY
03-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Has a nice look look it. Have fun with it.

OakleyAe48
03-20-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey Guyz.... thanx for the replies! It's an '02 and ya I like the look that the graphics kit gives it too! I was gonna go with the R, but my friend and I got to thinkin and it was more of a reliability issue for me when I thought about it.... it was either a 13 year old R, or a 1 year old EX, so I'm goin with the EX! I'll get some pics when I get it home.... hopefully it's got more mods than I know of right now!! :D Laterz!

:macho