PDA

View Full Version : Arrgh my 300ex is making me mad!

Moded86R
03-18-2003, 08:41 AM
My 300ex is really getting on my nerves.It has been one thing after another.First off I have went through 2 pairs of front shocks.Then I cracked the swingarm.Then All the mounts that hold the plastic on cracked and broke.Which caused the the fenders to get cracked.The list goes on and on.About the only thing I haven't had a problem with is the motor.

Today I was riding and it seemed like it had no power at all.I couldn't figure it out.Then my chain came off.It was tight.Well IT was tight until the axle wobbled forward in the carrier.The axle was really hot.I guess the bearings where dry and it got hot and ruined them.

I am sorry for ranting.It is just I have never had this much trouble with any bikes.I have even had blasters with less problems!

And I am tired of getting smoked by my buddies 400.I went to a 14 tooth front and it acts like it doesn't even have the power to pull it.

Rip_Tear
03-18-2003, 12:03 PM
That sucks that your having problems... You should be looking after the carrier and stuff though... Sorry to hear all your problems.

TRX300X
03-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Sounds like you're extra hard on your EX. The shocks don't blow out unless you do repeated bottoming. I blew out my stockers my first day on a MX track and went with works. As for cracking the swingarm, thats hard to do considering I ride 100% MX and have yet to have swingarm issues. In reguards to your bearings failing you have to lube them or even replace them every once in a while. Also if you don't tighten the adjuster nuts on the back of your swingarm your carrier will rotate inside the swingarm and loosen up the chain and throw it. I know from experience.

Moded86R
03-19-2003, 07:36 AM
I'm not blowing out the shocks.I am breaking the eyes off the bottom.Where the lower bolt goes through and mounts the shock to the A-arm.

As far as the swingarm I am not sure why it cracked.I have saw pics of guys getting alot bigger air on their 300's than I do on mine.

So I don't know why but I am getting tired of it,

RoadkillerRyan
03-19-2003, 11:19 AM
well its not all aobut how much air they get its how they land so how do you land mostly? do you clear the landing pad alot?

honda250xrider
03-19-2003, 11:44 AM
well i have cracked 2 swingarms already, the crackes happened around the shock mount.

toby400ex
03-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Moded86R
I'm not blowing out the shocks.I am breaking the eyes off the bottom.Where the lower bolt goes through and mounts the shock to the A-arm.

As far as the swingarm I am not sure why it cracked.I have saw pics of guys getting alot bigger air on their 300's than I do on mine.

So I don't know why but I am getting tired of it,
my 300ex shocks always broke in the same place, they put one weld there where on 400ex shocks they put 2 welds, and then i switched to the 400ex front end and never broke a shock:D

Moded86R
03-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Mine cracked on where the round housing meets the square tubing.

I ussually land with a flat landing.Not to many doubles around here.Not very much air 4 foot at the most.

Like I said I have went through 2 pairs of front shocks.I have 3 stock good one's.I went to works though.I am pretty happy with them.

stroked300ex
03-20-2003, 03:07 PM
i broke a swing arm jumping my 300.. i payed 350 for a brand new one.. but anyways i bet that you tried to tighten up the chain and u didnt do the chain tighteners right. u prolly turned one to hard or one too lose. When u sit down on a 300ex the chain tightens up until u get off of it so it should seem lose when u are off of it. Try buying new bearings for the Axle carrier.. but when u put it in.. add grease to the whole inside of the carrier cause there is no grease fittings for greasing from the outside.. PEACE