PDA

View Full Version : TC Racing exhaust - MX?

12-13-2001, 02:37 PM
A few months back, I got rid of the ole' Powercore 4 slipon. I'm now back to the stock exhaust and ready to build my motor for next season. I'll end up buying the HRC cam and probably JE 416. I've been eyeing up new exhausts, and aside from the Hetrick system, there's a few things i'd like to know about Carlson's setup. I haven't heard anyone rant and rave about the TC exhaust, so that's kinda what's holding me back from purchasing right now. Anyone know what they run price wise? Also, is this the exhaust to get for MX other than the Sparks X-6? I'm going to need something free-flowing because of porting that will come down the road. Any information you can squander up will be appreciated.

Giz400ex
12-13-2001, 04:24 PM
TC is a very good name and your about the first person I've seen mention a TC pipe. Price wise, I tried finding prices in a mag I have but couldn't find it!!! But, if you want go by dyno's and mag write ups!!! The CT pipe is one of the best, and yes the Sparks is the other one!!! I know the CT pipe goes for around 430.00. You would have to call around. But, the one thing CT is also known for is......LOUD!!!!!! There pipes are frigin loud! But, if you go with TC, I'm pretty sure you won't disappointed. Good luck

400exJOE
12-13-2001, 04:27 PM
you get what u pay for w/ exhaust. If u plan on doing mx w/ a custom engine i recomend going to LRD or Sparks or TC. There are many other specialty shops and they can set u up with the exact system you need.

MichaelS693
12-13-2001, 04:32 PM
which is louder tc or sparks?

Giz400ex
12-13-2001, 06:27 PM
I have the LRD pipe and absolutely satisfied with it!! The only pipe I compared it to was the FMF Powercore 4 and it wasn't even close. But, I'm not gonna try to convince you that its the best pipe or anything. But I will tell you that its a great pipe at a great price. Just like what 400exJoe said " you get what you pay for w/exhaust". As for which pipe is louder, Sparks or TC???? I would say that there pretty close!!! There are some people in here that either have them or heard them and said that there really loud too!!! But, I really don't know of any aftermarket pipe that isn't loud!!!

Dave400ex
12-13-2001, 08:07 PM
The TC pipe is $319. I`m going to get the TC exhaust soon. If your going to build the motor, I would get a TC racing 416 kit. Both of the pipes are really loud. TC is the way I`m going.

Juggalo
12-13-2001, 08:40 PM
i want a TC exhaust. they just sound AWESOME!

MichaelS693
12-13-2001, 08:57 PM
im goin the way of sparks

Chef
12-13-2001, 09:12 PM
the TC Pipe is $319? and its just the silencer part? maybe its just me, or is that a bit of a ripoff....

12-13-2001, 09:18 PM
I talked to Tom Carlson on the phone today about hs pipe. I have a dmc on back order and i'm getting tired of waiting. He says his pipe makes the horsepower in the 4000 to 8000 rpm range. After speaking to him A few times now I know that he is real big on tourque. I have his gncc national cam and i just love it. Sparks pipes are said to be excellent as well.

Dave400ex
12-14-2001, 02:20 PM
I`m going to call TC and ask him some questions.

Dave400ex
12-14-2001, 09:28 PM
TC told me the pipe is set up for all torque. That`s what I want. It`s $319 for sure. You have to cut 5 1/2 inches off your stock headpipe to mount his up. I would like to order mine next week.