PDA

View Full Version : what u think i should get?

mxstar52
03-18-2003, 07:18 AM
well, soon im trading in my 300ex and buying some thing new i ride trails but there kinda open and gravel pits and also powerlines so i really love the banshee and the 400ex and everyone has a 400 so id kinda like too get a banshee but do u think there worth it,and do they foul plugs much?please reply

cracer250
03-18-2003, 07:50 AM
Hello. Both are good machines. I've owned both.

I've never had problem with the banshee fouling plugs. I trail rode a lot too. Let me tell you, it will give you the best rush ever when that twin kicks in. Feels like you are on a rocket (no lie).

But, when it comes down to it, the banshee is a dune machine. Hard to trail ride due to the high RPM power band.

I sold that and later purchased my new 400EX. One word, totally different. It doesn't have the power of a banshee, but it will out handle the yamaha through the woods any day. Don't get the wrong impression about the 400EX. If you slap a pipe and jet kit on it, you have a wicked bike that is fun to ride.

Both are good but If I had to choose again, I would still keep the 400EX over the banshee. Just something to think about.

blasterzombie1
03-18-2003, 08:54 AM
I have a banshee and have no problems riding it in tight trails all you have to do is rev an the low end isent as bad as they say i love my shee and would never sell it for a 400ex or 250r and if you have such a problem with the powerband a place around me will port it for $300 that isent that much cash considering that you will be doing 62hp!!!! on pumpgas I hate to say it because i respect the 400ex and i am not trying to start a fight but it is past its prime the z400 and preditor have moved into where the 400ex should be at and untill honda gets their act together they will be behind these quads on the track and trail once again i am not trying to start a fight but if you are buying new get the z or the preditor they seem to be good quads in all but if you want a good deal on a used quad look for a banshee they are cheap used around here $3500 for a 2001
just my 2cents

FourFiftyFour
03-18-2003, 08:58 AM
400exs excel more on the MX track.. ive ridden a banshee on a track (actually 2 of them) and they handle a lot diff... much more harder ride for MX....

BrooKLyN400EX
03-18-2003, 03:19 PM
These guys are right the banshee is not known for handling but is quite a bit faster than the 400. Plugs arent really that big of a deal though so dont worry about that. After 2 years u'll be kickin that thing about 30 times though before u get a pulse out of it so its ur choice. Once they run though they scream. And I wanna know where u can get ur banshee ported and put out 62 hp. I dyno those things all the time, real stock banshees put out 35-37 hp..Everyone thinks these things put out like 50 hp stock. thats all bullsh**. I'd go wit the 400 for trail and mx

kwatts400
03-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Sounds like it needs a new top end or something if you have to kick it 30 times to get it started. I've never heard of that. I have a 400ex and it is way easier to ride hard than the banshee. BUT. A piped and ported banshee is a SICK ride. Either bike is more than good enough for trails and pits, especially w/ a few mods.

mxstar52
03-19-2003, 04:04 AM
yeah well i plan on mx racing soon so i think im gunna go with the 400ex.