PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about lights if you have race front plastic on a 400ex?

j37
03-18-2003, 06:12 AM
Im thinking about getting maier race front plastic for my 400ex and I was thinking that id put some lights under the front fenders in case I happen to need them sometime. I have the stock front plastic with Nac's Racing light covers over my lights but I was thinking about getting the race fronts. I was just wondering about what lights to get and how easy they are to hook into my wiring harness. I have seen this on some quads on here but it was a while ago. Also the price would be helpful and possibly some pic's.

Thanks

4TraxRider
03-18-2003, 10:48 AM
Dennis Kirk has some universal lights that you can mount anywhere. I don't know how good they are or anything.

skinrider440
03-18-2003, 11:36 AM
go get some fog lights from walmart for 30 bucks that is what i did. i hooked em up straight to my battery with a toggle switch on them

Dune Surfer
03-18-2003, 12:37 PM
I suggest trail tech or laser lights. The are brighter than stock and I think they look good too.

j37
03-18-2003, 02:09 PM
I suggest trail tech or laser lights. The are brighter than stock and I think they look good too.

Would I need to rewind my stator or whatever for more watts or would I be alright with it the way it is since I wont be running any other lights? Also is it hard to hook the trail tech or laser lights up?

ZRider400
03-18-2003, 02:12 PM
my friends lights..... o and that fugly hood is gone now lmao......he's gettin a red vented R hood.

JOEX
03-18-2003, 02:27 PM
:macho :macho :macho

Would I need to rewind my stator or whatever for more watts or would I be alright with it the way it is since I wont be running any other lights? Also is it hard to hook the trail tech or laser lights up?
No need to rewind the stator if you get the ones made for your ride. The usual set up has one fog and one spot light, 25/35 watts each I think.
I got to try out my Lazer Star lights the first time on Sunday and they are great! I'm sure the Trail Techs are just as good. It's nice to have the lights turn with the handle bars;)
I have mine wired into the stock switch, Low beam for the LazerStar and high beam for the stock lights.

Dune Surfer
03-18-2003, 02:52 PM
No need for any upgrades,I run my trailtech as high beams stock as low

j37
03-18-2003, 03:59 PM
Do you think it would work just to wire it to a toggle switch to turn the lights on and off because I crashed racing and smashed my switch and only the starter button and killswitch works. I was planning on getting rid of the stock switch and using a CR killswitch button for the starter button and I have my tether killswitch to turn it off. Id buy a new stock switch but its like $70 or something like that.

Thanks for the advice and pic's.

03-18-2003, 04:55 PM
What are these called? They have blue lenses very ligth blue. Very bright. Chrome outside metal around the lenses. They cam off a abnshee a friend of mine had mounted on his shock mounts. How do they hold up ? what they called?

exriderdude
03-19-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Lathers
What are these called? They have blue lenses very ligth blue. Very bright. Chrome outside metal around the lenses. They cam off a abnshee a friend of mine had mounted on his shock mounts. How do they hold up ? what they called?

those are prolly trail tech or lazer lights... they dont have to be hooked to your handle bars, you can put them wherever you want.

http://www.trailtech.net/atv.htm