PDA

View Full Version : Seat cover installation??

ride red
12-13-2001, 12:48 PM
I just bought I new CEET seat cover for my 400EX. I have never put one of these on before. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips that I could use to put mine on? Thanks for any help

400MXer
12-13-2001, 01:12 PM
Yeah, take it to someone that reapolsters things. There is a place in a town nearby that reapolsters chairs and furniture, and that's where some of my friend took theirs. They did a really good job.

12-13-2001, 02:18 PM
You can do this yourself, it's pretty easy. I've done this twice(put a one industries cover on my 400EX then took the stock FOURTRAX cover,(99 model) and put it on my 250R. Anyway pull the old staples out with a screwdriver and put your new cover in the dryer for a little while. they stretch better warm. Get out your staple gun and find some staples similar in length to the ones you just pulled out. I found it easier to start near the back and put 3 or 4 staples along the side and then move to the other side. The rest is simple. Just take your time and make sure all the letters look straight.

MichaelS693
12-13-2001, 07:02 PM
it would be alot less of a headache to take it to a apolstury(however u spell it) shop and get them to do it i mean it wont cost much and no offense but prob. will do a better job on it and it dont cost much

TRFOXX
12-13-2001, 09:15 PM
I just bought a new Ceet cover also was going to do it myself, but you really need an electric or air stapler gun. I ended up taking it to an apolster shop and they charged me $22.00 to do it.
Little pricey I thought but it dose look goodand if there were any problems with it down the road they will fix it for free.

crday98
12-13-2001, 10:13 PM
save yourself some frustration and take it to your local upholstery shop and have them do it for a small fee or you could try your local motorcycle shop but they might charge a little more.

ChadEXer
12-18-2001, 10:20 AM
Putting a seat cover on can be a real b@#$%. I was trying to put my Factory Effex cover on and it was rough. When I got it on good i went and put it on the bike and the seat bends up when u put it on so It has wrinkles when its on the bike. I gave up and took it to the upholstery shop and they charged me $20.

ride red
12-18-2001, 02:02 PM
Hey guys thanks for all your help. I never thought about taking it to a upholstery shop. I did the other day and they only charged me $10 and it looks awsome.