PDA

View Full Version : Banshe exhaust

BaD_250ex
03-18-2003, 03:02 AM
The LRD exhaust for a Banshee is 600$ ! ! ! What is the best Exhaust for a shee.

03-18-2003, 03:21 AM
Toomey T-5's bud. You can get them, and a 2:1 thingy with an air filter, a jet kit for like 535. check out there website. I am remotly intresested in them that is y i know this its not just my opnion. Ive heard many good things bout them and i like to see how much parts are for the quad i buy.

~JOEY~

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-18-2003, 03:26 AM
We have a local customer that has the LRD on his banshee and he said they are awesome.. but as for best exhaust I can't answer that depends on where you want the power.. top, mid, lowend, all around power.. There was a shoot out a while back in a magazine that rated the procircuit as being a good banshee pipe..

AndrewRRR
03-18-2003, 04:11 AM
If you bought a banshee, I'm sure you aren't terribly concerned with low end power, thats like using a ferrari for tractor pulls. Most people get Toomey T-5's, and if you are going to leave your shee mostly stock, I'd say to with them. If you are going to build it with more than bolt ons (good porting, big bore, etc), get CPI. They put out as much peak power as T5's and have a broader powerband. Where they really shine, though, is when you start building your motor seriously and start moving a lot of air through them. Place a T5 and a CPI side by side and you'll see what I'm talking about. Just be careful when you are wearing shorts when riding, they are biiig ;)
I have ridden a couple shees with both T5's, then CPI (you'd be amazed at the power difference between two banshees. You can't compare one with T5's and one with CPI's, gotta do it on the same machine). Everyone I know who has sold their T5 for CPI is glad they did. I'm waiting on a custom pipe from CPI for my 350R. I'm hoping it meets my impression of these pipes so far. My LRD big bore pipe just wont' flow enough air for my motor now.

speedy400
03-18-2003, 04:25 AM
bad_250ex, I've seen you have a lot of banshee posts, did you get one yet?? also when I rode mine I went to bansheehq.com I'm not trying to flame this place,this place kicks @ss, but for a bunch of opinions go there...-darren

airheadedduner
03-18-2003, 05:11 AM
Lets see......I have tried T-3s, cut T-3s(sweet), T-5s, LRD, Dynoport, DMCs, 2 styles of FMF, and DG. My favorite was the LRD followed closely by the cut T-3s. I havn't gotta try CPI's yet but one guy I talked to had them and he said he tried them all and liked them the best. The CPI's got some super fat chambers on them, they have the sweeest sound I ever heard. I real high fat ping.

lex luger
03-18-2003, 10:17 AM
iam running LRD's they are a great pipe, but i think toomey(5's) or CPI's are better...or any outta frame pipe:devil :bandit:

AndrewRRR
03-18-2003, 11:56 AM
I should've kept my mouth shut, if everyone starts finding out about CPI's it's gonna take longer for us to get em. LOL

sparks400ex101
03-18-2003, 12:45 PM
a buddy of mine dameon has lrd's on his shee and absolutley loves um, man that thing is fast:eek2:

Chef
03-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Basically, I would tell you to get CPI's, but I dont want the wait to be long!:o

lex luger
03-18-2003, 01:38 PM
what do you guys mean the wait? they've been out for about 3.5 years now....whats up??

AndrewRRR
03-18-2003, 01:45 PM
More customers= longer wait times to get your pipes
Oh well, last time I called them (January) they said they are so backed up with sled pipes they won't be making any quad pipes till spring :rolleyes:

BaD_250ex
03-31-2003, 01:28 AM
Naa, i went to pick up my banshee, but I sa a used 250r with loads of stuff on it. It is totally race ready. LRD Exhaust, durablue axle, works shocks, big bore, renthal bars, race plastic, ac nerfs, k&n filter and jets, and more.

So I got it.