PDA

View Full Version : Question on Beadlocks

BeltSlipper
03-18-2003, 01:51 AM
I've got a dalema here, we have a set of beadlocks that keep going flat after about a week of sitting in the rack. Is this a normal thing for these rims? I've noticed that the bead isn't very smooth due to the weld of the support ring. Any infor would be greatly appreciated.

CHAUNCY
03-18-2003, 03:37 AM
you could have a slow leak in the tire. But it might be the support ring

OCCRA288
03-18-2003, 09:52 AM
it could also be a loose valve stem.

LapTraffic
03-18-2003, 10:02 AM
If theyre leaking AT ALL spray some water with a LOT of dawn dishsoap in it. Cover the whole tire with this solution. Walk away, come back in 30 minutes. The bubbles will tell the story

CBW
03-18-2003, 10:04 AM
i have had champion beadlocks on two of my atv's for years,,,,,,,,,,never have gone flat.

MILF_HUNTER
03-18-2003, 10:36 AM
same here i have two sets of champion beadlocks. never gone flat on me. except this winter when it got down to -40 lol. on the other hand my best friend has ITP beadlocks and the weld was the point were air was escaping. he just grinded the weld down (wear the bead of the weld ended, the point were the electrode broke contact with the rim) (dunno if that was the best way of doin it) till it was flush with the rest of the weld. this helped imensly for him.