PDA

View Full Version : 50cc MHR Team motor complete, now need to know how to time Penton PVL

11hollywood
08-19-2013, 11:04 PM
I am trying to complete my sons 50cc Malossi MHR team cylinder kit, Malossi full circle crank 39.2 stroke but need some help. I have a Penton PVL I need to know how to time and what to time it at. I understand that I find TDC with dial indicator that threads into the head. then what.

Also I need to know how to figure how the clutch parts go I thing I know the variator stuff. Now I just need to know what parts go in order on the clutch area. I see the pic here http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/OEM-DRR-CVT-detail.htm?productId=-391796&shopBy=-11343&catalogId=-3062
but wasn't sure if there is other washers or anything that go on also between #4 and #6 in the photo. I have a stage 6 adjustable clutch with the 3 little red in color springs and have a Top Gun 1,500 Holeshot Torque Spring. Any help that you guys can give would be great. Thanks

G4racing
08-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Shouldnt need anything else between 4&6. But without knowing what type of pulley and clutch bell your using it's hard to say. Once you put it together try rolling the quad. If it doesn't roll freely you'll need a shim in between 4&6.

Mike Gilbert
Proud father of
Landen Gilbert #31
Gabe Gilbert #14