PDA

View Full Version : beer and Florence

dingo
03-17-2003, 09:27 PM
I hear they are busting folks for drinking in the sand of Florence Or. I can understand but it sucks.

twisted threads
03-17-2003, 10:58 PM
I can understand also but at florence the cops are bad enough as it is I bet in a few years they will have most people ran off. Every time Im there they chase me around with there sound tester tring to give me a ticket. Never got one yet but close. :cool:

JOEX
03-18-2003, 12:00 AM
It's not just Florence, it's all the dunes including Sandlake.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48861

Joe

Dune Surfer
03-18-2003, 01:11 PM
You know it's funny, I used to live in Oregon and have to say a lot of the people there are unfriendly. I'm planning a trip this summer to Idaho and would have liked to go through Oregon and ride. But with thier sound restriction, no beer and bad rep. Thanks I'll pass and spend my $$$ elsewhere.

batgeek
03-18-2003, 01:27 PM
Every time Im there they chase me around with there sound tester tring to give me a ticket.

get videos, i need a good laugh :D

dingo
03-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately,that is why it is called the Peoples Republic of Oregon

ThorChick
03-18-2003, 08:35 PM
Unfriendly? Bad rep? That hurts me....:(

Dune Surfer
03-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Thorchick your a sweetie, but you know how people act towards californians

ThorChick
03-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Hahaha, and I'm sure Californians never make fun of us "tree huggin hippies" either. Its all good though. You should come up and ride with us this summer though. I'll beat anyone's arse that so much as starts a sentence with California in it. :devil
We aren't all that bad, and we may not be able to drink beer but we might be able to sneak some raspberry vodka and lemonade out on the dunes in gallon jugs. hehehehe

dingo
03-20-2003, 09:00 AM
That raspberry vodka and lemonade sounds preety good

Dune Surfer
03-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the offer, Don't get me wrong I'm an Oregonian, I was born in Medford and I have family there and in portland. Don't worry about me at 6'1" and 240 I can take care of myself. The noise regs are what kill me. This is why

Chef
03-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Just dump your beer into some other can...like a pepsi can or somethin...lol Or put it in a apple juice bottle. Stupid dudes will never know.:D

Dextreme
03-20-2003, 02:01 PM
I wonder if the FS/cops will catch on seeing 10+ people sitting around camp all drinking apple juice. The local stores will end up being all sold out of apple juice conainers on big weekends.

What would really be funny is to pour apply juice in a beer can and see what happens. "But Occifer...it's only apple juice..." :blah

Chef
03-20-2003, 02:13 PM
lmao.....well, you could use Root Beer too...you could use 7-Up but that would be a little obvious LOL

ThorChick
03-20-2003, 04:19 PM
The raspberry vodka and lemonade is my drink of choice at the dunes. You can make them really strong and not even realize it, so you can get drunk faster. I love them, another good one is citrus vodka in some fruity Sobe. There's one that when you mix it tastes like an orange cream sicle. Just a tip for you guys.....if you know you are going camping with a bunch of girls, bring something like that along with you, they'll love it. :devil

ThorChick
03-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Dune Surfer ~ How many dBs does that pipe put out? Mine is probably well over 100 and I've been lucky so far, no tickets. The sound cops are usually only out on the big weekends, and mainly on Sundays because thats when pretty much everyone has the day off so there are more people at the dunes. If you come up here on an "off" weekend I bet you'd be alright.

JOEX
03-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by ThorChick
The raspberry vodka and lemonade is my drink of choice at the dunes. You can make them really strong and not even realize it, so you can get drunk faster. I love them, another good one is citrus vodka in some fruity Sobe. There's one that when you mix it tastes like an orange cream sicle. Just a tip for you guys.....if you know you are going camping with a bunch of girls, bring something like that along with you, they'll love it. :devil
Wanna go camping?:p ................................lol j/k:D

Joe

ThorChick
03-20-2003, 04:40 PM
HAHA Joe, thats funny. I said I like those drinks, I didn't however say I'm one of those girls that thinks just because I've had a few fruity drinks I have an excuse to spread my legs. But I do know girls like that if you need me to hook you up, LOL.
Seriously though, I need to go riding. It feels like forever, and its only probably been 2 or 3 weeks. I have this weekend off but the weather is going to be crappy and my quad is up in Portland until next weekend. Damn the timing of it all!

ThorChick
03-20-2003, 04:42 PM
By the way, where in Oregon are you from? If you are close we should all go riding sometime. I'm trying to expand my riding group to make sure I have more than just a few people to go with every weekend. Seems like everyone has different schedules lately.

JOEX
03-20-2003, 04:54 PM
LOL! I tried!:D I don't think your boyfriend would like that anyway!

I'm in Oregon City. I have the same problem with getting rides together.......differing schedules. I'm also trying to hook up with different groups to find compatible riding trips.
I'm usually off Monday and Tuesday right now and I get off early on Sunday, so it's like an extra 1/2 day off:)
We have a small track outside of Molalla that I can ride on anytime with 1000's of acres behind there that is sometimes "availible";)
Check out www.sandlakeduners.com and www.nwquadriders.com for some connections too.

Joe

dingo
03-21-2003, 11:30 AM
Thorchick, Joex really needs hooked up hehe :devil

JOEX
03-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by dingo
Thorchick, Joex really needs hooked up hehe :devil
:grr :mad: :grr :mad: :grr :mad: :D
I go to bed with twins every night:macho ................................:blah

Joe

blood red
03-21-2003, 07:04 PM
OREGON COPS BLOW!!!!!!!:macho:devil I'm in Chesire Oregon, 45 minutes from Florence. (Chesire is about 15 min. west of Eugene) Ohhhhh, I forgot to mention, Oregon Cops Blow!!LOL:blah

JOEX
03-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by blood red
OREGON COPS BLOW!!!!!!!:macho:devil I'm in Chesire Oregon, 45 minutes from Florence. (Chesire is about 15 min. west of Eugene) Ohhhhh, I forgot to mention, Oregon Cops Blow!!LOL:blah
If they swallow they're cool:macho

Joe

blood red
03-22-2003, 05:57 PM
If they swallow they're cool

TRUE