PDA

View Full Version : LT 80 Clutch Roller Help

smokebomb
08-14-2013, 11:49 AM
My buddy dropped off his quad the other day telling me it won't go any more. I already knew it would need rollers so I ordered them and had them ready when i took it apart last night. I found the entire thing plugged with some sort of grease. the rollers were all flat and couldn't move. I cleaned it all out and put the new rollers but found the rollers tend to fall out of place when i install the whole thing on the shaft.

MY question is this: Do we put anything in with the rollers? Grease? Anti seize? Something to help hold them in place and lube them. I also noticed the plate that holds has real bad wear marks on it so i ordered a new one today.

Thanks for any help.

smokebomb
08-14-2013, 11:49 AM
BTW, its a 97 LT80

LT80
08-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Suzuki used to pack the clutch with grease. As you see, it gets hard, limits clutch travel and causes damage.
I only use a dab of grease on the roller to hold it in place durring installation. Also, it helps to apply side pressure on the crankshaft while sliding the clutch down on.
I'll presume you have it leaning on the right side.
The variator can get messed up, better check where the rollers sit and the tracts they run on for uneven wear.
FYI: the washer under the nut is a spring washer. Make sure it's on the right way (dome out).
Hope that helps. :)