PDA

View Full Version : race tech shocks

russellsroost31
08-12-2013, 09:25 PM
hey guys its been awhile since ive been on here but anyway i got an 04 yfz 450 with jb long travle up front and crappy elkas and i really dont wanna spend a fortune on shcoks so i had the thought of putting yfz450r socks on the front and haveing them rebuilt by race tech
please leave some feedback on this idea on how good the rrace tech rebuilds are and how well this idea would work i race mx doubt ill race any nationals mainly local

chronicsmoke
08-13-2013, 08:00 AM
hey guys its been awhile since ive been on here but anyway i got an 04 yfz 450 with jb long travle up front and crappy elkas and i really dont wanna spend a fortune on shcoks so i had the thought of putting yfz450r socks on the front and haveing them rebuilt by race tech
please leave some feedback on this idea on how good the rrace tech rebuilds are and how well this idea would work i race mx doubt ill race any nationals mainly local

Why not have race tech rebuild your elka's? What stage # are the shocks?

If they have preload/comp/rebound adjustability just get them rebuilt and you'll notice a difference.

You can't call a shock crappy if it's never been revalved specifically for YOU

We looked into what you're talking about with the R shocks for my buddy's 04 with LT Laeger arms and they can be made to work excellent too, but they may take more money to get to that level than the Elka's (if they're stage 3 or higher). Best bet is to call Race Tech and see what they have to say about it..

russellsroost31
08-13-2013, 07:55 PM
no rebound they are just stage 2 or 3 with no rebound adjustment

chronicsmoke
08-14-2013, 06:18 AM
no rebound they are just stage 2 or 3 with no rebound adjustment

Yah no rebound is a kicker..

http://www.racetech.com/page/id/18

Call them up, tell them what you've got and the direction you're thinking of heading. I spoke to Terry @ Stadium about it and he said he could make the R shocks work VERY well.. but we ended up finding a cheap set of float evols for my buddy's front end..

russellsroost31
08-18-2013, 11:09 AM
the other thing is that i will not buy fox floats i dont wanna mess with the pressures and get into all that
ive ridden fox,elka,pep pb1s
pep was by far the best but ill never afford that fox was great but dont wanna mess with them elka is ok rear shock sucked