PDA

View Full Version : Any of you all running the gel TMS batteries off ebay ?

Thumpin440ex
08-12-2013, 05:50 PM
My battery took a crap. I refuse to pay 100 for another Yuasa one, when this one was on a tender alot, in a for the most part heated garage. Just curious if you all are using the ones on EBAY made by TMS. Is it worth a shot for 35 bucks ? I normally only by high end batt's, Put a autozone one in a neighbors car for her, it has been great for 3 years so far.

Thanks
John

Ryan02400ex
08-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I was thinking about getting the same one

cheater13
08-13-2013, 08:39 AM
I was thinking about getting that one too because my fan kit and led kit have my current battery about drained.

HondaRacing83
08-13-2013, 08:45 AM
I have one! Eff Yuasa. I had a Yuasa and it was always on a tender and still went dead after like a year. I bought a Tms gel and so far I like it. Hasnt left me stranded yet!! Ive had it since december

400exmxracer
08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
My battery took a crap. I refuse to pay 100 for another Yuasa one, when this one was on a tender alot, in a for the most part heated garage. Just curious if you all are using the ones on EBAY made by TMS. Is it worth a shot for 35 bucks ? I normally only by high end batt's, Put a autozone one in a neighbors car for her, it has been great for 3 years so far.

Thanks
John

Ive got one. It has been an awesome battery. Hasnt given me any trouble at all.

cheater13
08-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Looks like we know what we're ordering next!

2001400exrida
08-13-2013, 12:12 PM
I have one! Eff Yuasa. I had a Yuasa and it was always on a tender and still went dead after like a year. I bought a Tms gel and so far I like it. Hasnt left me stranded yet!! Ive had it since december

i recall a thread where you said your battery would never die because you keep it on a tender, but it died after a year, lol, no offense but that's not the battery if it was a yuasa it would last, they are good batteries. I would check your tender to make sure it's not over charging. yuasa is a good battery and i've had one on my 400ex for 4 years. I only put the tender on in the winter time. Also something to note, the gel batteries require a different tender unless you have a tender that is capable of charging both. Just be sure you have a tender that can do both types.

has anybody looked into the li ion batteries? they're super expensive, but i'm betting they are awesome! get the hayabusa battery for more CCA's....yuasa hyabusa battery is a very good upgrade for the honda's.

cheater13
08-13-2013, 02:43 PM
i recall a thread where you said your battery would never die because you keep it on a tender, but it died after a year, lol, no offense but that's not the battery if it was a yuasa it would last, they are good batteries. I would check your tender to make sure it's not over charging. yuasa is a good battery and i've had one on my 400ex for 4 years. I only put the tender on in the winter time. Also something to note, the gel batteries require a different tender unless you have a tender that is capable of charging both. Just be sure you have a tender that can do both types.

has anybody looked into the li ion batteries? they're super expensive, but i'm betting they are awesome! get the hayabusa battery for more CCA's....yuasa hyabusa battery is a very good upgrade for the honda's.

Them gel batteries have real good reviews on amazon too! For 40 bucks, it's a good deal in my opinion.

JOHNDOE83
08-14-2013, 01:15 PM
I bought one on sale for $25 3 years ago.

used it for the first year with no issues, then it sat for a year but still almost started the quad, charged it up worked great, took motor apart built the hybrid.

Motor sat for another year with battery sitting on the ground, built the motor stand, fired right up.

Sat for a few months before I sold the motor on the stand, battery still fired right up.

Never on a trickle charger, only charged for a hour or 2, In my opinion its worth $100 and only cost $35.

cheater13
08-14-2013, 01:18 PM
I ordered one last night. I need some extra juice to run my fan and led kit when I have to. 33 shipped is a pretty awesome price, but I got it off an ebay company instead of amazon.

Thumpin440ex
08-14-2013, 08:33 PM
I bought one on sale for $25 3 years ago.

used it for the first year with no issues, then it sat for a year but still almost started the quad, charged it up worked great, took motor apart built the hybrid.

Motor sat for another year with battery sitting on the ground, built the motor stand, fired right up.

Sat for a few months before I sold the motor on the stand, battery still fired right up.

Never on a trickle charger, only charged for a hour or 2, In my opinion its worth $100 and only cost $35.

Thats what I want to hear. I am going to order the gixxer one i recon. Cuz this Yuasa was a POS, was the gixxer one also. This is not the first one from Y that has **** out early. They use to be the best, but I think they are falling by the way side.

John

atvrider13
08-15-2013, 06:50 PM
I have one that works great. But mine is for a gsxr i believe. When i was researching for a higher cranking amp battery I read on a forum to use one from some gsxr , dont remember the size. The battery is physically the same size but a higher cranking amp.

400exmxracer
08-15-2013, 08:03 PM
I have one that works great. But mine is for a gsxr i believe. When i was researching for a higher cranking amp battery I read on a forum to use one from some gsxr , dont remember the size. The battery is physically the same size but a higher cranking amp.

That's what I have too. It fires up quicker

atvrider13
09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that my tms battery is junk. It isnt even a year old. Barely used and always maintained. I went to a mx track and it stopped working after that. My guess is it couldnt handle all of the hard landings I took, I jump regularly but this day was extreme. I also dont think that when I tip the battery that im supposed to see liquid in it. Because its supposed to be gel. And I had the battery installed snug with no movement.

cheater13
09-09-2013, 07:16 AM
I have the battery sitting up in my room. It still needs to be put on but when it is, I'll see how it works. I don't jump a lot but I ride pretty hard so i'll see how it does.

Thumpin440ex
09-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Thats interesting that the batt stopped working after jumping. Maybe shorted out internally. I still have yet to order one, LOL Quad is feeling lonely lol

John

Justme420
05-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Anybody still using this battery? Any more updates? I've had mine a few days and it seems to be working good so far, should I only expect to get a year out of it?