PDA

View Full Version : Man, this site is dead

Yee-Haw_400EX
08-12-2013, 05:17 AM
I haven't been on here in about 4 years and MAN it's gone downhill.

blacknblue#2
08-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Traffic has slowed down a bunch. Economy took a huge toll on that. and some of the old kids that went thru the sport as just a short phase and moved on. Still alot of knowledgable ppl on here. But with no new sport quads being dropped on us left and right like there was 10 years ago its kinda killed the internet discussions and bragging lol.

chucked
08-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Yea, nothing like it used to be. I rember posting something and within a few hrs it would be 2-3 pages back

blacknblue#2
08-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Yea, nothing like it used to be. I rember posting something and within a few hrs it would be 2-3 pages back

I had a user name before that i have lost but was created around 2003/2004. I was about 17 and i only checked the site when i got in from my after school job or when i got in from running around on the weekends. I remember making post and loosing them by the time i got logged on the next night. I would get tired of digging for them haha

HondaRacing83
08-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Traffics slowed down soooooo much which sucks. I wish the sport would pick back up and get in its prime

2001400exrida
08-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah, it would be great to get some more traffic around here, i made some suggestions but apparently creating subforums that would offer more tech talk is not what this site is about, seems there are not enough members that post to fill those subforums. I think if they could cater to some of us guys who like to talk about engine specifics and suspension specifics it would help greatly. Seems all i ever seen on here is questions about 400ex jetting and the basic stuff. I know there are knowledgeable people on this site that might have alot to offer. One good thing about this site is the moderator staff. They don't just jump on and ban people like the org and many other sites out there. trx450r.org and yfzcentral.com are both sites that are owned by a huge company, there is one guy Stew Lawson who runs these sites and he's an egghead. He's managed to appoint terrible moderators on the org who do nothing but form the website to their liking. There's about 10 of these guys who gang up on any member who has a thought that is outside of the box. They do not offer open opinions or thoughts like this site does. So i have to say this is still the best site as far as open mindedness goes.

yellowzo3
08-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Funny, these threads seem to pop up once in a while and its always bittersweet reminiscing on the old times. This site is definitely the most laid back and easygoing out of all the forums. Z400Central was great back in the day also but after it got sold off and changed to SuzukiCentral it seemed to go downhill quickly. It was great coming home from school and seeing pages of new threads, new quad builds, riding pictures, etc... I log in once in a while to see whats new but there's usually only a few new threads. I check the Z400 section as well and I usually have to blow off the cobwebs when I get in there. I sold my Z years ago when tracks around here closed and the trails became warehouses but I still find myself watching quad videos on youtube. I still get that itch to ride or build a bike but I know its unrealistic since I'd barely get to use it.

It's currently in the low 70's here, sunny, and breezy... Whenever the weather gets like this I have those little flashbacks of riding through the trails into the afternoon with the sun flickering through the trees and everyone cruising without a worry. Those were the days... I hope the sport picks up again someday. I used to see a decent amount of pickups and trailers on the weekends with quads loaded in around here.. I think I've maybe seen one so far this year. I don't think it will ever be the same but I'd still like to get back into it someday.

01boneless
08-14-2013, 05:08 PM
I still drop by every few days to see whats going on and sadly never much activity that I can see. I used to break my neck to get on here and try and help people and learn myself, aswell as post all my build threads...Im in the process of building a bike now and thought about posting a build thread and just said screw it..

CJM
08-14-2013, 08:02 PM
People moved on, I sold my 400ex and bought a 450 and never looked back. I miss my 400, but it had its limitations.

I think the reason people dont come by is many moved on to other things.

chronicsmoke
08-15-2013, 06:21 AM
I think more people are going to the model specific forums (450r.org, yfzcentral, kfx450HQ.. ect..)

This site was massive before the introduction of model specific sites, everyone kind of gathered on these forums. But there is much better info on the model specific sites and usually much more activity. These sites are still booming and have full pages of new posts in active topics.

I still come around because I still have an EX, and some members (that aren't members elsewhere) post some wicked deals on this site :macho

The Open Section always has a laugh or two hidden somewhere

Zakradu398
08-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Been visiting here almost daily since 06-07 ish and it has slowed down a TON. 400ex section is still pretty alive and well though.

Who still types exriders.com/vbb ?? I sure as hell do!! :cool:

blacknblue#2
08-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Been visiting here almost daily since 06-07 ish and it has slowed down a TON. 400ex section is still pretty alive and well though.

Who still types exriders.com/vbb ?? I sure as hell do!! :cool:

I catch myself doing that. Not every time but some times....Who remembers the OLD members rides page. Had the 250EX 300EX 400EX and 250R all split up. I used to be able to find that page up until this last site change. We must have lost it after that. I enjoyed digging thru those old pictures

rollie
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM
as the economy gets better, more traffic will come on here, i personally feel that the old layout was better, this new one is too generic and i miss the old color's. it is deff more confusing, i am also getting back into it and will probably be on here more often with a new build within a week or two, as far as ATV motocross we are back to where we were in the 90's...a very small following with the aftermarket chassis builders/motor builder's literally keeping the sport alive, and now a new atv moto movie coming out thanks to the guetter bro's. as the economy gets better more people will start racing again and hopefully this site will grow again

gncc025
08-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I get on this site prolly once a week and check things out. Its nothing like I used to but I plan to stick around till they close it down...which I hope never happens.:scary:

I still ride but its maybe 2 or 3 times a month at the most. I still love it but i just dont have the motivation i used to.

OZ-T
08-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I've been riding for 15 years, but never really got into online forums except in the last 3 years. I just joined this particular site this spring and am a member of 2 other atv sites but found my happy medium here (because the vast majority of users here ride sport quads). I used to be pretty active on thumpertalk back in my dirtbike days, but now that I am on a quad they are pretty much looked down on at TT so I rarely go there anymore. I've only ever had two quads, one E-Ton Sierra 90 when I was a kid, and the 400EX now, everything else has been a 2 wheeler. But as I age, crashing on a bike seems to hurt worse every time. I know it would hurt bad on a quad but I haven't crashed yet.

Other things that may be contributing to the site's downfall are social pages like Facebook seem to be hogging a lot of people away from online forums. Facebook has just about every page you can imagine and some cool atv pages. Online forums peaked in popularity from the late 90s through the mid 00s, but now seem kind of obsolete to many I guess.

OldGuyonaQuad
08-17-2013, 11:21 AM
I have only been a member here for around 2 years (when I bought my 400ex) so I don't know what is was like "back in the day" but I noticed a huge drop off in activity with the introduction of the new format. I am grateful that in my time here so far I have made a few riding buddies and found 3 or 4 great riding spots (including my fav Trevorton) thanks to helpful members from this site. I have also gotten a lot of good mechanical tips and without this site IDK what I would have done as I don't know much about riding or wrenching. One other factor to the lack of traffic can be attributed to smart phones and text messaging. I have text-ed other riders regarding rides that if not available I would have been forced to post and wait for a reply.

HondaRacing83
08-17-2013, 12:20 PM
i still type exriders from time to time. I actually get on here multiple times a day. Alot of times searching information on how to fix something i broke lol. i really wish the sport would pick up i ride all the time usually about 3 times a week. if i didnt spend so much money in gas id probably have a full racebuilt quad.. hahaha.

ben300
08-18-2013, 10:39 AM
i still type exriders from time to time. I actually get on here multiple times a day. Alot of times searching information on how to fix something i broke lol. i really wish the sport would pick up i ride all the time usually about 3 times a week. if i didnt spend so much money in gas id probably have a full racebuilt quad.. hahaha.

what kinda gas you running that it costs you that much?:huh

HondaRacing83
08-18-2013, 01:25 PM
what kinda gas you running that it costs you that much?:huh 93 octane. I go through about $20 in gas a week.

Quad18star
08-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Since Facebook came around , a lot of the traffic is over there now. Check us out if you haven't already.