PDA

View Full Version : Sparks head pipe issue

J51S
08-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Ive having a problem with my head pipe flange. After i hard ride and it cools down i would notice the header slightly leaking. At first i thoght that the nuts just kept comming loose. But now ive noticed its the actual flange bending towards the motor causing the bolts to loosen.. Has anyone had this issue? I dont know why sparks would have used an aluminum flange.

Any way to fix this?

J51S
08-10-2013, 05:00 PM
This is what its doing

CJM
08-10-2013, 09:57 PM
The flange needs to be straight, take off the pipe and get a nice torch and heat up the flange so its straight and see what happens. You over tightened it and bent it.

punk rock kiel
08-11-2013, 03:51 PM
looks like the headpipe might be sticking outta the head a little far like theres a crush washer or 2 in there that's stacked and not letting the flange be closer

DnB_racing
08-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Ive having a problem with my head pipe flange. After i hard ride and it cools down i would notice the header slightly leaking. At first i thoght that the nuts just kept comming loose. But now ive noticed its the actual flange bending towards the motor causing the bolts to loosen.. Has anyone had this issue? I dont know why sparks would have used an aluminum flange.

Any way to fix this?
I also think you have more then one crush washer in there, along with over tightening it doesn't need to be tight with a good crush in there, one you over tighten it the washer is useless... its meant to be just snug not crushed
they use aluminum because it is all that's needed, you got too aggressive on the wrench