PDA

View Full Version : Illinois conceal carry form online.

buck440
08-08-2013, 12:16 AM
I'm just got word from my dad that Illinois passed the concealed carry and I can't physically fill out the paperwork because I'm in Afghanistan but was wondering if I can find it online. anybody know where to look or if you can even fill it out online?

KKiowaTJ
08-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Killer, Funny thing, Illinois is the ONLY state I would feel better with my sidearm. IIRC all you will have to do is take you 215 form, Discharge papers and you being in military get it on the spot. At least in iowa that's all you need, I took a cheap online course and got mine. Its like an American express, I never leave home with out it.

Don't be surprised if they wont for military, If you are, They will want you to take PTSD tests and chit, But that's aginst you're right to bear arms. But again its commienois. But glad to hear I can carry their now, If they think im going to jump through hoops for them, They got another thing coming. If im a law abiding citizen in iowa with and clean and clear background, I don't think crossing the creek will change anything.

But im pretty sure you will have to wait unless they allow it. Most you have to be their and sign a few papers and show ID's and a phone call to NSIC IIRC? and they will let them know the last time you took a poo. Took me 15mins to fill it all out and I was a legal to carry, Buy, Sell etc any firearm, Auto's I have to pay a 'tax' to get that permit.

But this is if you're military and how to go about it because I highly doubt a afgan vacation is on a 'list'. But my cousin is civilian and has 6 marines with him at all time, He tunes, Sets up and fixes their computers and hes MAC/Apple certified. Thanks for serving too, Keep you're head down and stay safe.

buck440
08-09-2013, 06:51 AM
I read Illinois will not honor other states ccp. maby what will take the longest is getting a foid card which I have.