PDA

View Full Version : Trx 90 with a KX125 motor!

jasonwest
08-07-2013, 11:14 PM

My sons TRX90 with a KX125 Motor! We just finished it.

oscarmayer
08-23-2013, 01:10 PM
hendrick made it?

jasonwest
08-23-2013, 11:02 PM
No, Hetrick did not make it. I have a builder in Portland that did all the work.

oscarmayer
09-30-2013, 07:40 AM
ahh ok. then if it were me, i would remove any Hendrick racing stickers. I am a strong believer in sponsorships. that means you only advertise your sponsors not places you did not do business with. this keeps my sponsors happy and more discounts for us as well as no free advertising for the others.

the bike looks very nice, how does it run and handle? how does it test out? was if difficult fitting the 125 into the 90 frame? i am looking for different options myself.

jasonwest
09-30-2013, 09:05 AM
ahh ok. then if it were me, i would remove any Hendrick racing stickers. I am a strong believer in sponsorships. that means you only advertise your sponsors not places you did not do business with. this keeps my sponsors happy and more discounts for us as well as no free advertising for the others.

the bike looks very nice, how does it run and handle? how does it test out? was if difficult fitting the 125 into the 90 frame? i am looking for different options myself.

Not really worried about the stickers and not going to take them off. We only ride in the sand so there isn't going to be any sponsorships hurt. The guy I bought the motor from said it was a very strong runner but the actual motor was shot. So I pulled the motor and had my builder iron sleeve it and took it to 134cc and lower the port timing for more low end. Haven't installed it back in yet but can't wait. Not much needed to be changed to get the 125 in being it already had the kx85 in it. Its a tight fit though. This frame is a trx90 frame with a 300EX front end and Blaster rear end.

quadinfamily
10-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Looks Bad *** !! Post some more pics please .. Iam doing a YZ 125 in a mini frame right now , should be done in a few weeks ..

jasonwest
10-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Looks Bad *** !! Post some more pics please .. Iam doing a YZ 125 in a mini frame right now , should be done in a few weeks ..

Thanks! I will try to get some more pics up. Just got it back together. It is now a 134cc. This thing screams!! Look forward to seeing yours.

oscarmayer
10-24-2013, 09:26 AM
does sound like quite a project. i know the feeling about motors... never gonna buy a used motor again from anyone unless i can test it running good myself in the bike. I picked up a 155Z that they said was fine and turns out the vales were wrong and head has damage and missing half the covers. i got screwed over as well. anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

i did happen to pick up a kx65 and will be installing it into the xtreme typhoon style frame we have for use in next year's 70cc class racing and using a rekluse clutch to ensure it is class legal. :)

quadinfamily
11-04-2013, 05:03 PM
It coming along pretty good , post some pic soon . Had a question what size sprockets are you
Running with the 125 ? And with what size tires work best too ?

jasonwest
11-04-2013, 09:49 PM
It coming along pretty good , post some pic soon . Had a question what size sprockets are you
Running with the 125 ? And with what size tires work best too ?

12 and 45. I haven't figured out the sand tires yet although I have the 8x8 rims with 7 paddle skat trac 20x8 and another set with 6 paddle sand star 18x9.5

Dirt tires I have maxxis razr 18x10 and it screams!

jeddy10
11-24-2013, 08:14 PM
On the blaster swingarm...was it or the frame cut to make it work? Don't figure it was a direct bolt in

jasonwest
11-24-2013, 08:48 PM
On the blaster swingarm...was it or the frame cut to make it work? Don't figure it was a direct bolt in

Actually it is a trx90 swing arm with a blaster carrier welded on.