PDA

View Full Version : my best freind died today

harescrambles
08-02-2013, 04:39 PM
My dog was killed today. He was a min dashound.dam its tough..

CJM
08-02-2013, 07:07 PM
My condolences. Dogs arent just animals for many people, they are friends till the end. I lost my dog of 14 years about 5 years ago now, althoughwe got a new dog the other one can never be replaced.

heres a poem that might help..

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

honda400ex2003
08-02-2013, 09:43 PM
sorry to hear that dude! my sincere condolences go out to you! losing a best friend no matter what is hard!

Gods speed to you little pup, hope you have lots of bones and plenty of tail to chase ;)

Steve

HondaRacing83
08-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Hey man I'm sorry to hear that. My yellow lab passed away last fall and it was really hard because she was my best friend and i always with that dog 24/7 and all over the woods. It really does suck but its one of those things that just happens. Im sorry man

2001400exrida
08-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Sorry for your loss. YOu will all always have the memories to remind you what a good companion your pooch was.

OldGuyonaQuad
08-03-2013, 07:23 AM
So sorry for your loss bro, we are dog lovers as well. It took some time before we were ready to get another dog after we lost our pincher(penny). Laila (our boxer of 5 years) is every bit as much a part of the family as penny was but she will never be forgotten. The sad reality is that with the life expectancy of dogs you will have to go through this a few times. Take solace in knowing that we has loved, cared and provided for by people who gave him a good life. No doubt the thing that sucks most in life is saying goodbye to those that we care for.