PDA

View Full Version : My new site....what do you think?

jkiserracing
07-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Well...I'm not sure if this is ok to mention here or not, but opinions are more what I'm after than anything.

I recently launched my new web page discountmx.net. Its still a work in progress for the most part but its dedicated more to mx gear, parts and accessories. The gear is not on yet but will be soon. This is something I have wanted to do for a really long time. The idea is to sell the products but also teach (especially kids or new riders......or even seasoned riders) some tips on safety or how to choose the right stuff. Anyway, I finally did it. I've been working on it a while and just wanted to see what some of you might think. I will pm you a pretty good coupon to use for your time if you want one. thanks guys....and gals.

cloudpump
07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Nice site. How big do you plan to go? Are there incentives for buying parts from you? Say I purchase 5 parts, do I get discounts? Just curious. Also, are you focusing on just mx? Or will you also branch into xc?

jkiserracing
08-01-2013, 05:17 AM
Thanks for checking it out. The site is MX related but in general its for any off road enthusiasts at all. Weather it be MX or XC or just weekend warriors. Hopefully it will attract all kinds of riders. Again the idea is to have a lot of gear (which I still don't have on yet but that is soon. I'm in the middle of manufacturers 2013 & 2014 releases.)
If I had to answer how big would I go....I would say the sky's the limit at this point. It may be a very small venture or it could grow big (which I am ready for) I sold my retail business last year (not MX related) with 2 locations. So now I'm looking to do something I love.
As for your question on parts.....the profit margins I have on the parts are very very slim. But, its part of the business model so its important to have to be competitive. The prices are pretty good where they stand now and with an online coupon I may be selling some items slightly below my cost. But it cost to start any business so I am ok with that as I build my customer base. Thanks again and I will post (or pm you) a coupon code to use in the online store for your time.

cloudpump
08-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Also, what about used parts? For people on a budget, like me? Some sort of trade in option?

jkiserracing
08-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Yes. Perhaps that. Still kind of a work in progress on that ant the "lap2 " sections. Lap 2 is dedicated to gently used riding gear. The problem with both is it takes a while to accumulate inventory. So we'll see how that transpires. I will be adding FMF exhaust as well as drive products (chains and sprockets) this week and next. This is very tedious work because of so many models available for so many parts. The biggest thing for the sight I think will be the gear, helmets and rider related products. As it is will be some of the last things added. We have our contract and dealer program ready for a few top brands so that's exciting.