PDA

View Full Version : ultimate beadlocks rims, douglas??

400exBro
03-17-2003, 02:23 PM
I am wondering if the ultimate beadlocks are good for mx racing?? my local dealer told me that the ultmate are as good as the champions, and i see that JJ runs them on his r,... if some people could, please give me some insight on the rims as well as some pics on the pic...

thanks

4TraxRider
03-17-2003, 02:51 PM
I don't have any pics of them, but a few guys taht race dist. 34 around here runthem and seem to like tham. Haven't seen any failures.

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Their very good rims :)

CaliQuadRcr
03-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Get carbon fiber they will never bend. EVER

bmw500hp
03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Can't speak for mx....but would buy em again, for sure:D

OutlawEX
03-18-2003, 09:07 AM
i just sold my Champions for the Ultimates here is a pic

cdalejef
03-18-2003, 09:12 AM
If you want the best alum. beadlock, go with the Ultimates. If you want the best beadlock wheel, go with the Hipers.

Foxrage
03-18-2003, 09:46 AM
I have had hipers, champions, and ultimates. I personally think for looks the ultimates look the best especially the shamrocks. If you do alot or cross country hipers are sweet but for mx i like my ultimates. Not alot of people can bend them. For the price go with the ultimates

400exBro
03-18-2003, 10:23 AM
thanks a lot... that is what i was thinking, i see a lot of ultimate beadlocks out there on the mx track...

what are the centers again?? there is billet, shamrock and another one??? what is the diff between the 3, is one stronger then the other??? i also would like the best looking ??

thanks

Dave400ex
03-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Do the Ultimates have an Inner Ring?

400MXer
03-18-2003, 11:05 AM
i've got rear ultimate beadlocks and love them.

i don't have the billet center on mine...i've got the standard center. I think the shamrocks look sweet. but they only come in 4+1 offset for the fronts, and i want 3+2 offset.

The inside of the ultimates have a rolled edge.

Foxrage
03-18-2003, 12:34 PM
I like mine alot too. I just bought some front shamrocks and i cant wait to get them. There is the coventional center, billet and shamrock. I just have conventional rears cause i have mud caps for them so it doesnt matter.

Chef
03-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Foxrage
I like mine alot too. I just bought some front shamrocks and i cant wait to get them. There is the coventional center, billet and shamrock. I just have conventional rears cause i have mud caps for them so it doesnt matter.

Is there a wait for them right now?

CBW
03-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Do the Ultimates have an Inner Ring?

i know someone else answered above,,,,,,but no........but they say they are strong enough with the rolled edge on the inside.

we put these on the front of the banshee and they help up all last year,,,,,,,and they are ready for this year

and the rears he has had on there for a couple of seasons.....although his have leaked around the bead on the rear

Foxrage
03-18-2003, 01:01 PM
I am not sure i bought mine off a gut for 240 bucks for the front ones. I didnt know where to order them from on the internet anyway.

400exBro
03-26-2003, 12:11 AM
anyone got any pics of the different centers, convetional, shamrock and billet?? i would like to see them so i know which ones would look the best...

also do you guys suggust running mud caps for the back ??
also are the rolled edged for the fronts good enough to hold the tier on the bead for mx racing, or should i go with the ultimate beadlocks for the front too???

thanks

Foxrage
03-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Douglas ultimates with mudcaps on rear and shamrocks on front are what im going with. The shamrocks are my favorite out off all wheels ive had and ive had every wheel availible.

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
also do you guys suggust running mud caps for the back ??
also are the rolled edged for the fronts good enough to hold the tier on the bead for mx racing, or should i go with the ultimate beadlocks for the front too???

thanks

Well if you run in a lot of mud and what not then yea, get mud caps. Rolled edge is strong enough up front, beadlocks are unecessary.

Mxbubs
03-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
If you want the best alum. beadlock, go with the Ultimates. If you want the best beadlock wheel, go with the Hipers.

Good call.

If you have any problems with Douglas or ITP a month down the road, they will tell you to get screwed. Tom at Hiper however will replace the wheel free of charge for up to a year. With that said, why on earth would anyone want to buy an aluminum rim without any kind of warranty over the Hipers?

Dave400ex
03-30-2003, 09:33 AM
Bubs the biggest reason is some guys would rather save the $30 or so difference on the Aluminum. If they knew about the warranty, they would re-think that choice. Hipers should be the last rims you ever buy...

QuadTrix6
03-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by CaliQuadRcr
Get carbon fiber they will never bend. EVER

but they can shatter :eek:

QuadTrix6
03-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Bubs the biggest reason is some guys would rather save the $30 or so difference on the Aluminum. If they knew about the warranty, they would re-think that choice. Hipers should be the last rims you ever buy...

my suspension is set up for champion beadlocks :ermm: hipers are very sick though

Foxrage
03-30-2003, 12:17 PM
I had Carbon fibers and they are very nice rims. Sweet warranty but they look no where as good lookin as the aluminum wheels. I had champions they were nice but hard as hell to clean but strong. Then i got ultimates and they look so sweet and i doubt they will ever bend.

Chef
03-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Here are my 10 inch Billet Beadlocks...got em on friday. THey arent nearly shiny enough though ;)

Foxrage
03-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Here are my new Shamrocks I bought them used but they still look good.

forum
03-31-2003, 12:34 PM
i like the look of hiper the best. aluminium is out! hhaaaahaha. j/k

400exBro
03-31-2003, 02:13 PM
haha forum just because you got hipers and champions....

ya i decided to get the champions becuase i found a killer deal, $200 for a set of 8x8 champs beadlocks.. they are brand new...