PDA

View Full Version : Doug Gust ATV Throwdown Sept 28-29 Casey Il

skyeryder
07-30-2013, 08:42 AM
I found this event haven't heard a whole lot about it, hopefully they are going to have youth classes. I'll try to dig up more info would like to see a huge turnout. Casey/LTM offroad has hosted Nationals before they have a really nice facility the new owners have put more money back in it.

2001400exrida
07-30-2013, 09:08 AM
LTM has a sweet bomber track that is new as of last year i believe. It's supposed to be the best around, and was designed by a professional. They don't allow atv's on it however, the quads only run the classic track.

skyeryder
07-30-2013, 10:10 AM
LTM has a sweet bomber track that is new as of last year i believe. It's supposed to be the best around, and was designed by a professional. They don't allow atv's on it however, the quads only run the classic track.

THat track is sweet, my boy has ridden it on his pitbike, if you look at their calendar it says on Bomber track I hope so.

bigdaddy77
07-30-2013, 03:02 PM
There will be mini quad classes at the Doug Gust event. These races are also part of the Moto X Outcast series which runs both a 50 and 90 class. Beware they are not production classes So mostly mods in the 90's. The Moto X Outcast is a club made of quad only riders that was formed because last year LTM said they would not run quads anymore. So as a club and a big effort by Nadine the former owner of Crossroads MX. We rented the classic track , got people to volunteer to flag and score and sign up and keep quad racing alive at Casey (LTM ). Nadine did not want to loose the quads at her track which is a 1/2 hour down the road from Casey and is still a awesome track with new owners this year.So that is why quads never ran the bomber track before. So it should be a Good event. Hope a bunch of you guys can make it out. I know the club is very good at making sure everyone has a class to run in.
If we can get a Good group together of say 70's or super minis I'm sure they will make a class. Especially if we can give them a week or So notice. 2-3 quads would probably do it. Moto X Outcast has a facebook page. Google Lincoln Trail Motosports for the LTM web site and Doug Gust has a Facebook page.

skyeryder
07-31-2013, 11:50 PM
There will be mini quad classes at the Doug Gust event. These races are also part of the Moto X Outcast series which runs both a 50 and 90 class. Beware they are not production classes So mostly mods in the 90's. The Moto X Outcast is a club made of quad only riders that was formed because last year LTM said they would not run quads anymore. So as a club and a big effort by Nadine the former owner of Crossroads MX. We rented the classic track , got people to volunteer to flag and score and sign up and keep quad racing alive at Casey (LTM ). Nadine did not want to loose the quads at her track which is a 1/2 hour down the road from Casey and is still a awesome track with new owners this year.So that is why quads never ran the bomber track before. So it should be a Good event. Hope a bunch of you guys can make it out. I know the club is very good at making sure everyone has a class to run in.
If we can get a Good group together of say 70's or super minis I'm sure they will make a class. Especially if we can give them a week or So notice. 2-3 quads would probably do it. Moto X Outcast has a facebook page. Google Lincoln Trail Motosports for the LTM web site and Doug Gust has a Facebook page.

Do you know if they have a official flyer made up, I'd be willing to make copies and take to Loretta's to hand, would love to see this event turn into something.

bigdaddy77
08-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I haven't seen any flyers. You could probably call LTM and see if they can whip something up and send it to you electronically.

2001400exrida
08-01-2013, 07:51 AM
check ltm's website as well. those guys really know how to run races. I've done 4 or 5 harescrambles out there and they were awesome. THe only thing i've been trying to get them to setup is a quad TT course. They're got the room and it would bring in a different crowd. Problem is....do they have the time, lol.