PDA

View Full Version : Eastwood Polishing compounds

Ralph
03-17-2003, 01:58 PM
i orderd some compounds a while ago and i was wondering if im using them right. so far the stuff turns out pretty good but anyways...

how do u apply the polish to the wheel. when i touch the wheel with it it kind of makes it into dustn and blows it everywhere, until it gets a little hot so i was wondering if i was doing it right...

CBW
03-17-2003, 02:46 PM
the friction of the wheel is supposed to melt the compound onto the wheel.......then again onto the workpiece. Keep on going, you are on the right track.

Ralph
03-17-2003, 02:48 PM
thx alot chris, your always a big help:)

muff
03-17-2003, 03:07 PM
if you need any help just ask, i dont mind helpin you now that you stopped using mothers :D

one thing that i found that has helped a lot is a buff rake, which is $10 off eastwood, it cleans the buff

if the work that you do is cloudy, either 1. the buff isnt clean, or 2. the part isnt prepped enough, need more sanding

are you runnin this stuff through a compressor or drill?

Ralph
03-17-2003, 03:54 PM
i have a benc grinder with 2 6 inch buffing wheels the loose one for white rouge and the spiral sown one for tripoli,

the only problem i realy had was there would be kind of a layer of good or some sh*t ontop of the part but once i wiped that off it was good looking. thx for the advice muff and i will prob get some pics this weekend

danney f
03-17-2003, 06:53 PM
check out this site, I order all my stuff from them.
http://www.caswellplating.com/#

They have a "how to buff" booklet that you can download for free.