PDA

View Full Version : Idling issue. Running outta ideas

Dirtwheels400
07-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I have a 02 400ex and I can't get the darn thing to idle unless I hold the throttle in and feather it
It's bone stock with the exception of an air filter
I have tore the carb apart and cleaned every thing twice now
Bought new jets just for kicks and even put a bigger pilot in it to see if that would help
Messed with the air fuel screw too
At this point I am just frustrated that I can't figure the damn think out

Any other ideas or suggestions
Thanks

DragonGunner
07-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Welcome....did you clean with a carb cleaner? Did you take apart and clean the accelater pump on the carb? Is the Choke working properly? Is the idle screw adjustment working good, doesn't seem stiff....your turning it in and out and it doesn't effect the idle?

Dirtwheels400
07-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks.... Yeah I used a carb and choke cleaner I did clean the acc pump too The choke seems to be working fine. Checked that out as well as the idle screw. I could see it adjust when I had the carb And I don't really notice a difference when I do adjust it which throws me for a loop cause I seem the screw move in and out when I had it tore apart

DragonGunner
07-28-2013, 09:07 AM
There is a white plastic sleeve thingy in the carb around the needle area, I have installed this backwards before and had problems.....the only thing I can think of is to go back into the carb and raise the needle one notch, the clip will go one notch lower on the needle, this will raise it and allow a little more fuel flow....kinda like having your throttle open a little more.....

Dirtwheels400
07-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah that sleeve thing had me thinking the first time. I couldn't remember how that went on. Good thing for google images. I'll try moving the needle and see if that gets me any anything Thanks