PDA

View Full Version : Laser controversy at Washougal - Alessi's dad and brother can't attend rest of season

quad2xtreme
07-24-2013, 07:29 AM
http://www.dirtrider.com/features/washougal-mx-the-laser-controversy-the-ama-introduces-its-2013-hof-inductees-the-weekly-dirt-july-24-2013/

madskrillz2
07-26-2013, 08:59 PM
I've never liked Mike Alessi but this is one situation I feel bad for him. There's no reason for them to penalize him. On the bright side, he decided to part ways with his dad as far as his career is concerned so that will probably work out better for him.

quad2xtreme
07-26-2013, 09:16 PM
http://www.cyclenews.com/590/22027/Racing-Article/Jeff-Alessi-Apologizes-For-Laser-Incident.aspx

Actually they had every reason to penalize him because it is a team sport and the team he is responsible for was involved. His dad gave up a pass that he shouldn't have. His brother shouldn't have been wearing his team gear, etc., etc., etc. They really made a bad situation worse by not owning up to it and making threats, etc.

Blodg
07-27-2013, 04:19 AM
That is a crazy story and of course they have every right to penalize Mike with what happened. His brother sounds like a thug...

madskrillz2
07-28-2013, 06:53 PM
That's true I just think they should have some sort of leniency towards the rider. They're not the ones that hire the idiots that work for them. His dad and brother should be the ones fined along with the suspensions. I can understand docking a few points too but forfeiting all his points is kinda crazy. I think it should be like a rider cutting a track and being docked positions. Either way, it's just a ****ty situation.

quad2xtreme
07-28-2013, 07:37 PM
I can't think of a sport where the participate isn't held accountable for the actions of the team. Even in baseball for example, the home team is responsible for the actions of the fans.

ben300
07-28-2013, 08:02 PM
well, i dont know about pro bike mx, but GNCC rules state that a rider is responsible for all members of there pit crew/entourage...

back at the mountaineer run gncc event, in the XC2 pro am atv class, Pat mcguire and brycen neal were racing for i believe second place, got tangled, and wrecked. both got up and kept going, but pat took it as brycen wrecked him on purpose. when pat pitted, he told his father this. when brycen came in to pit on pro row, pat's father somehow grabbed brycens key/kill switch from his bike and held him there for a few minutes. Racer productions ended up DQ'ing pat and put him and his father on probation for the remainder of the year.

so, even though mike, and mike, and tony probably had nothing to do with it, they are in a round about way responsible for what happened for jeff's actions...and from listening to the pulp mx show....tony know's his boy's repsonsible, a dick head, and deserved the punishment, but was definitely unwilling to admit it

rf928
07-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I've never liked Mike Alessi but this is one situation I feel bad for him. There's no reason for them to penalize him. On the bright side, he decided to part ways with his dad as far as his career is concerned so that will probably work out better for him.

Where did you see they parted ways? For good? I hope so. Tony is like the worst ”50” parent (over eager dad) who never let go.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Apple don't fall far from the tree. When I first started to read the story I was wondering how and why someone would try something so stupid and potentially dangerous. Then I read about how the father chose to handle the situation. Only thing dumber then the act was the cover story. I found it, it's broken and my ex girl friend did it. Wow sounds like this gene pool only has a shallow end.

2001400exrida
07-29-2013, 06:22 PM
I feel bad for the Alessi brothers. Their dad is nothing but a jerk and has a rapsheet a mile long of constant drama. The abuse and mistreatment that the boys have suffered through their racing career from their father is beyond bad.

madskrillz2
07-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Where did you see they parted ways? For good? I hope so. Tony is like the worst ”50” parent (over eager dad) who never let go.

I read it over on vital when they put their article out. At first they were saying Motoconcepts would not be attending the rest of the nationals and that Mike was leaving the team. Apparently they had a change of heart but it also said he decided to end his "business relationship" with his father. We'll see if it lasts.

ben300
07-30-2013, 06:19 AM
I feel bad for the Alessi brothers. Their dad is nothing but a jerk and has a rapsheet a mile long of constant drama. The abuse and mistreatment that the boys have suffered through their racing career from their father is beyond bad.

they're both grown men now (i know 23 and 24 doesnt exactly make most people grown mature adults in today's society). jeff, at 23, should know better than do what he did. while it was more than likely just a dumb joke, and i legitimately think mike, mike, and tony had no idea what he was doing, he should still have known better. jeff and tony just kinda remind me of roided out, affliction wearing, fist pumping, bro-douche, north jersey pizza eaters........

mike would do himself a service if he kicked pops to the curb, took his check book back off the old man, and went off on his own for the rest of what ever his career may be

quad2xtreme
07-30-2013, 07:42 AM
they're both grown men now (i know 23 and 24 doesnt exactly make most people grown mature adults in today's society). jeff, at 23, should know better than do what he did. while it was more than likely just a dumb joke, and i legitimately think mike, mike, and tony had no idea what he was doing, he should still have known better. jeff and tony just kinda remind me of roided out, affliction wearing, fist pumping, bro-douche, north jersey pizza eaters........

mike would do himself a service if he kicked pops to the curb, took his check book back off the old man, and went off on his own for the rest of what ever his career may be

Mafia wanna-be mentality. For some reason NY/NJ is full of folks that have a love for the history of the mafia lifestyle. :)

ben300
07-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Mafia wanna-be mentality. For some reason NY/NJ is full of folks that have a love for the history of the mafia lifestyle. :)

my gf lives in a city north of pittsburgh that is mostly, old school, mafia-mentality, pasta eaters....i fully understand your statement :tired:

2001400exrida
07-30-2013, 09:36 AM
jersey shore ain't helping either, lol.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Just want to put a disclaimer out there South Jersey = 51st state. When you guys say New Jersey it really should read north Jersey we are worlds apart.

slainwarrior
07-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Just want to put a disclaimer out there South Jersey = 51st state. When you guys say New Jersey it really should read north Jersey we are worlds apart.

This couldn't be more true. I hate when people lump us in with the northern trash lol

Robin Hood
07-31-2013, 03:28 PM
*Ehem*

Northeast Jersey & Jersey Shore is more like it. Northwest Jersey is "hill people" territory :cool:

Back on topic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb99dX11bM

Villapoto's GoPro footage. If you watch in HD and maximize the screen, you can see the laser on his visor & flashing in the pit area towards the beginning of the clip.

Kid needs to grow up.

wilkin250r
07-31-2013, 04:37 PM
And of COURSE they are going to punish the rider, are you kidding me?

Why is the race team there? The rider

What is the focus of the racing team? The rider

Who benefits most from opponents being blinded, distracted, or otherwise compromised? The rider

So who best to punish to get the point across and make sure those actions don't happen again? Probably the same answer to the previous questions.

Mike Alessi may not have been directly involved, and most likely didn't even have knowledge of their actions, but he's still going to take the brunt of it because he is the reason the entire race team exists. By punishing the rider, the AMA is stripping away all incentive for any action like this to ever occur. The team exists to get points, so the best punishment is to strip that away from them.

54warrior
08-01-2013, 09:54 AM
And of COURSE they are going to punish the rider, are you kidding me?

Why is the race team there? The rider

What is the focus of the racing team? The rider

Who benefits most from opponents being blinded, distracted, or otherwise compromised? The rider

So who best to punish to get the point across and make sure those actions don't happen again? Probably the same answer to the previous questions.

Mike Alessi may not have been directly involved, and most likely didn't even have knowledge of their actions, but he's still going to take the brunt of it because he is the reason the entire race team exists. By punishing the rider, the AMA is stripping away all incentive for any action like this to ever occur. The team exists to get points, so the best punishment is to strip that away from them.

Well put sir!!

zyoung04
08-02-2013, 02:31 AM
Anyone remember the show "inside the outdoors" it had a deal with Alessi and his dad. He said he wouldn't ride for a team that wouldn't have his dad on the team as a consultant. Mike moreless said he needed him there for moral support which is understandable. It will be hard for Mike to get over this, no doubt his dad has gotten him where he is by pushing him but I would cut all ties with him after this. Pretty much makes Mike look like the bad guy and could've cost him any shot at ever getting on a factory ride.