PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast Removal

RUFIO
03-17-2003, 01:42 PM
Is there any special trick in getting the stock exhuast off, i mean i had to saw the dam n screw off b.c ther ***** b4 me striped the heck out of it, but even the other one wont budge, i noticed something behind the screw thats why im curious.:confused:

4TraxRider
03-17-2003, 02:50 PM
You have to loosen the two pinch bolts that seal teh muffler to the header. Then take off the bolt that is 3/4 of the way back. If they are stripped ir broken, try cutting the head off with a dremel then using an E Z out. You probably have to twist and wiggle the stocker off if you haven't taken it off before. Good luck.

RUFIO
03-18-2003, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4TraxRider
[B]You have to loosen the two pinch bolts that seal teh muffler to the header.

I dont understand that, i dont see anything there except the one bolt holding it on the back (top of muffler) and the one on the bottom of the muffler...i sawed the top one off(stripped) and the bottom one wont budge...i took the other four bolts off for the headpipe and that would slide right out if it wasnt for that one bolt not comming...any suggestions:scary:

RUFIO
03-18-2003, 11:10 AM
I find it interesting that 90% of the people on this site dont have stock exhuast and had to remove their but not one of u can tell me how u did it

dariusld
03-18-2003, 11:23 AM
I apologize before hand ,but its not rocket science. Take off the bolts.

AtvMxRider
03-19-2003, 01:51 AM
Have you taken the clamp off of the pipe.:huh I mean it's not real hard.

RUFIO
03-19-2003, 09:57 AM
I thought you were talking about the clamp on the other side of the bolt u confused me.

Is there gaskets for where the header connects into the engine? or only where the back of the headpipe connect to the scilencer

lilpoppy
03-19-2003, 02:06 PM
The gaskets are where the head pipes connect to the engine. There are coper rings and you will find them all crunched up inside the holes where you insert the head pipes. Just use a screw driver to pry them out and get 2 new one from honda. I don't know about any gasket between the head pipe and the silencer but maby some aftermarket exhaust's do.

JD400exrider
03-19-2003, 06:38 PM
There is a gasket between the muffler and head pipe. Just ordered one to install my slip on to my powerbong:eek: Depending on the slip on your using you may not need the muffler gasket. But you will need new copper gaskets where the head pipe connects to the head