PDA

View Full Version : 450 foreman dies then restarts?

martinphantom
07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
TRX450s runs like a champ and after about a mile at wot it dies -will start back up after a few seconds--seems heat is the issue--I put a rectifier(aftermarket) and thought I had it fixed--month later the same thing-bought a Honda rectifier and it seemed fixed--a month later and its at it again? any suggestions--98 model--and yes I used heat sink on the back of the second part--reckon something is frying my rectifiers?

rooster300ex
07-23-2013, 06:56 AM
sounds like a fuel issue to me. If ur at WOT for awhile and dies and then restarts after a few seconds ur not getting enough fuel. Have u checked ur petcock, fuel lines, carb etc.

martinphantom
07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
had the carb apart - looks fine--did empty the fuel tank and it did have some dirty stuff inside-drained the tank and looked like water in there-dirty water-cleaned it all out real good and now use sea foam regularly- I'm thinking stator now? Maybe cdi? Runs fine till she's good and hot-haven't had the petcock off-unhooked the line and drained though- hate intermitten issues-hard to figure out! anyway-i'm thinking spark a==appreciate the reply