PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy a GoPro in the future, what's the best for my budget?

OZ-T
07-21-2013, 11:05 PM
I would really like to have a GoPro to record some of the rides I go on and know there are many to choose from based on what other riders have told me. I really don't have much time to research it since I work 17 hours a day on the weekdays at 2 different jobs and then spend my weekends either doing yardwork or riding so bear with me here. I am looking to spend around 250 and no more than 300 for a GP and want to know which would be best for my needs. Would really like one of the ones that are shock and water resistant. Also, whichever one has the most storage for that money, would be cool if I had say 2 hours of recording time each ride. What do you all suggest?

Thumpin440ex
07-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Honestly if your looking to still get nice vids then the hero 2 is plenty. Buy a extra battery, if you like the view finder that plugs into the back of the go pro. Get the covered/weather proof case, the open back case. With the newest ones out, the prices have came down. I just picked up one a few months back with 4 batts, all the mounts, a charger, both cases, a carrying case for 85 buks. The newest ones are nice, but I do not need to be able to control them with my phone and all that LOL. You should be able to score a hero 2 with all the brackets, mounting tabs for that price.

John

OZ-T
07-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Honestly if your looking to still get nice vids then the hero 2 is plenty. Buy a extra battery, if you like the view finder that plugs into the back of the go pro. Get the covered/weather proof case, the open back case. With the newest ones out, the prices have came down. I just picked up one a few months back with 4 batts, all the mounts, a charger, both cases, a carrying case for 85 buks. The newest ones are nice, but I do not need to be able to control them with my phone and all that LOL. You should be able to score a hero 2 with all the brackets, mounting tabs for that price.

John
Damn dude that is a good deal! I really like the sounds of that and will be looking into them. Yeah, I don't need to control it with my phone either, that is way too unnecessary I think haha.

OZ-T
07-22-2013, 09:33 AM
How much recording time or space does the 2 have?

2001400exrida
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
^^^as much time as the card you put in it.

Stickman400
07-22-2013, 10:49 AM
I've got a Hero 2, it is deff. more than enough for normal riding in stock form. You can get the battery back pack and double the battery life for longer rides or buy the LCD back pack to just hold it and use it as a camera. With a full charge and recording in 720p with 60fps you can get a little over 2 hours of solid recording, with the battery pack you can get just over 4 hours. I have a Sandisk Extreme 32GB Class 10 card and it will hold more than that battery can handle so I don't think you need anything quite as large as I have but I just wanted to be sure. When I turn on the camera it says it has 4 hours and 44 minutes of battery, but it cuts that in half when your recording. Hero 3s are really nice but they aren't needed for us weekend warriors.