PDA

View Full Version : axle for jumping

JACK STRAW
07-20-2013, 07:00 PM
my son is jumping the '08 about 40'- 45' feet now and comes down hard once and a while. his stock axle is now bent about 1/2" at the tire and I am going to straiten it for now. what is a good axle to get for jumping that won't break the bank. tusk? durablue? I made the table tops about 35' but as he gets older he's going farther pass the landings thanks

Stickman400
07-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Tusk is the best you can buy for the money, $200 and a lifetime warranty, you can't beat that. If price isn't that big then the next would be the Dominator 2, that's what I run, kinda expensive but worth every penny when you beat on your quad like I do. Durablue is an okay axle but their customer service is worthless. I had an Eliminator 2+2 axle in mine before I bought the Dominator 2 and I finally bent that Eliminator after having it for a couple years of insanely hard riding and I sent it in to have it straightened and it took them almost 2 months to get it back to me and they didn't even straighten it, it was bent just as much as the day I sent it off, so I basically wasted my time and money for literally no reason. LSR is also a good axle and has good customer service but the chrome on their axles chipped off really fast and isn't covered by the warranty so you have to pay them to get it re-chromed.

Longdong
07-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Big jumps will break any axle. Teach him how to land properly and make sure the suspension is up to par. Imo

JACK STRAW
07-21-2013, 06:36 PM
he has 450r fronts and weighs about 110lbs. he lands good most of the time but making the tabletops longer will help most of this issue.

Baileygunns
07-21-2013, 06:56 PM
I have a lonestar axle for $175 shipped