PDA

View Full Version : Blaster trade for Cdale?

Cowboy man80
07-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Well i have this 2006 blaster. I have out grown it. It has quite a bit done to it. Durablue +2 rear banshee axle. New chain and sprokets. New bearing all way around. V force reeds. Like new tires all way around. New fly bars. And a few other misc. parts. I put it up on craigslist a week ago and I got a text asking if i wanted to trade for 2003 Cannondale Moto 440. Taken from his craigslist ad. (has a 496cc big bore kit with larger injectors), full Houser front end- A arms, steering stem, bar clamp... TCS front shocks, Ohlins rear, 2 sets of nerfs, 2 front bumpers (one never used), 2 sets of tie rods and arms, bead lock rears, pro taper bars, cyrca hand guards, FMF full exhaust, Lone Star seat clamp, widened rear axle... i'm sure theres more stuff i'm forgetting but you get the idea, its loaded with aftermarket parts... all the motor updates have been done including new crank bearing (that's why they blew up and everyone said they were junk, problem has been fixed) I DONT have the mapping software, it costs $300 new, but that's if you really want to fine tune it, it runs fine the way it is now
*the not so good things about this quad... the magura hydraulic clutch needs bled (I have oil for it), the seat cover is ripped on the sides but not where you sit and it needs a new starter button, right now you just touch the wires together to start it

i'm looking to trade down to a smaller quad, this thing is just too much for me to handle and i'm unable to ride it to its full potential... looking to trade for a 400cc or smaller sport quad to race in the 400 class

He wants to trade my blaster and $300 for his cannondale. I have never heard of a cdale till now. I went and looked at it and it blew me away. It was a damn nice quad. But i have some concerns. I read where people said the company went out of business as of 2003. I am afraid of finding parts. Will it be hard to find parts for it? What about the quad itself is it a good reliable quad? What are some problems and conerns about this quads?

witech
07-22-2013, 09:56 AM
A 496 big bore kit? The biggest bore kit is a 460cc. Certain stroker cranks kits around that size were 495 and 505. ATK had a 490 kit with a falicon crank but those are junk. To use bigger injectors there is no way it would even run without a special map just for them . IS the head ported and who did all the work. If he cant answer these questions I would just assume he is lying about everything on the engine. In general when someone uses the term "all updates done " without an exact list they are lying. He is also calling it a moto with very few MOTO parts on it. As far as parts there is nothing you cant get but it will all be mail order from several sources. In most cases parts are cheaper than other brands. As far as reliabilty that would be the owners responsability. The thing I see most about Cannondales is buyers dont know what they are getting into before aquiring the machines. Cannondales have issues that are just not seen on any other machine . Issues that are easily found and fixed IF you educate yourself to them. Clogged fuel quick connects and loose battery bolts have caused many stalling problems yet who would think that a dab of loctite and gutting a connecter would be the solution. The Dale community found fixes to all the issues many years ago so its just a matter of checking to see if they have all been addressed .

ZRider400
07-25-2013, 07:57 PM
^^^^

He knows what hes talking about....tought me everything i know about mine

Overall mine has been super reliable after all the updates