PDA

View Full Version : TC sucks

Dune Surfer
03-17-2003, 01:24 PM
I ordered a cable for my Lectron carb from TC over a month ago and still no cable. Screw him I'm going to order one from Fast by Gass and when that losers cod gets here I'm not going to accept it. I don't care how good this guy is his service sucks:grr
I'll never order anything from him again. Fluck him

oldnumberseven
03-17-2003, 01:29 PM
I could have told you that 6 years ago........

03-17-2003, 01:32 PM
i got an extra one if ya want it...let me know

ChadEXer
03-17-2003, 01:51 PM
I hate that for ya, I got mine in less than a week! Maybe he knows your the kind of guy that will come on the net and flame him for no reason!!??

oldnumberseven
03-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
I hate that for ya, I got mine in less than a week! Maybe he knows your the kind of guy that will come on the net and flame him for no reason!!??

LMAO.......I am sure that is exactly why Tom has sat on his ***** and not shipped the dudes cable.........LMAO:rolleyes:

trx400ex
03-17-2003, 01:53 PM
basic same thing happened to me

jchevy
03-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Did you try calling him and letting him correct his mistake? You need to atleast give him a chance to make things right before you flame him.

ChadEXer
03-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Well the point is Tom is a VERY busy guy. he is one of the most popular engine builders in the country and does ALL the work by himself. Im sure there is a reason he hasnt shipped the cable out and that could be cleared up by calling him and discussing it with him, coming on here cussing him isnt going to make anything better.

Castor-426ex
03-17-2003, 01:57 PM

well apparently...he has a reason...

he wants his cable

ChadEXer
03-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by oldnumberseven
LMAO.......I am sure that is exactly why Tom has sat on his ***** and not shipped the dudes cable.........LMAO:rolleyes:
If you think Tom sits on his ***** then you obviously know as much about him as my mom knows about quads!! LMGDAO!!

BigThumper33
03-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Well I think it would be obvious if it doesn't come in a week or two to call. I got my cam in 3 days. People make mistakes, orders do get stuck under the wrong paper weight. I think its retarded to flame on this guy because you don't have your cable, yet you don't sound like you have called him....

oldnumberseven
03-17-2003, 03:48 PM
If you think Tom sits on his ***** then you obviously know as much about him as my mom knows about quads!! LMGDAO!!

You ever been to Tom's shop? I have! I just call them like I see them. He is a great builder, but in terms of customer service........LMAO...........from what I have seen there is NONE!

toby400ex
03-17-2003, 04:06 PM
so you havent even called to make sure that it ever got confirmed:huh

03-17-2003, 04:17 PM
OMG I cant believe it where is Warriorman to defend TomC, and now Chad is left to do it all by himself :D :devil

Seriously I had taken it way easy on ChadEXer in another thread that had some info on TC but sorry Chad I am not good at method and got to call it as I see it, and I see that since you were happy waiting almost a year to get your motor work done I cant accept your opinions on TC any longer. LMGDAO :blah :blah

Dude this stuff just isnt right and if this industry was to "BLESS" me with the amout of business doing something that I like that it has on some others I guarantee you I wouldnt take it for granted by being cavalier and pompous.

I dont question Toms talents and am only sad that to date I have not been able to muster the patience to benefit those talents.

And david I was just busting cause I know your very fond of Tom so dont get excited.

Castor-426ex
03-17-2003, 04:19 PM
i have TC toilet paper

really:D :eek: :D

oldnumberseven
03-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
OMG I cant believe it where is Warriorman to defend TomC, and now Chad is left to do it all by himself :D :devil

Seriously I had taken it way easy on ChadEXer in another thread that had some info on TC but sorry Chad I am not good at method and got to call it as I see it, and I see that since you were happy waiting almost a year to get your motor work done I cant accept your opinions on TC any longer. LMGDAO :blah :blah

Dude this stuff just isnt right and if this industry was to "BLESS" me with the amout of business doing something that I like that it has on some others I guarantee you I wouldnt take it for granted by being cavalier and pompous.

I dont question Toms talents and am only sad that to date I have not been able to muster the patience to benefit those talents.

And david I was just busting cause I know your very fond of Tom so dont get excited.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!

Dune Surfer
03-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Chad wake up, the guy is not jesus. I order parts all the time and don't have call and call. OK tom has done right by you, good for you. When I called the guy he didn't seem to care less. So don't get on my sh*t because I think his service sucks. Before I would call and beg the a-hole for the part I ordered, I'll call someone that wants my bussiness. I'm pissed because I wanted this carb for dune riding and that season last about another month, so I'm pretty much screwed.
If this guy wants a lesson in customer service he should call C&D. It is a world apart.I think it's pretty stupid to not take my $$$ and send my part in this economy. Now I think I'll sel the lectron and buy a fcr or edelbrock thats good for trail and dune riding.
Oh chad I think there is something brown on the end of your nose:eek2:

Dune Surfer
03-17-2003, 06:02 PM
OK chad sorry about the brown nose comment;)

mopar 400
03-17-2003, 08:02 PM
All too often these companies are run out of a garage or a very small shop and do get overwhelmed. Just take a look at how Marcums ended up. Terry was a great guy, but as this site grew and grew so did his business. His service got worse and worse. We have to just realize that sometimes Patience can be a virtue. I am waiting to get some AC nerfbars direct from AC, since the ones that Duncan swore fit the Roll pegs really didnt, yet it is now going on a month! I will give them a little more time before I go and bad mouth them, but only time will tell to see if they make it right.

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 03:02 AM
What a bunch of little kids!! Where is the short bus,,,looks like there wont be any room left for for anyone else to ride it after these guys pile up on it!!
Dune Surfer, why dont you call Sparks and tell him you want a FCR,,,maybe he will tell you the same thing he told me,,it will take 3 months just to get a FCR setup for alky,,so should I say "fluck" Sparks he is a lazy ******* and Ill never give him my business?? That would be kind of dumb dont you think?? TC took 8 months to build my motor and I never 1 time said anything bad about him,,,matter of fact I ended up with one of the fastest naturally aspirated EX motors ever put in a frame. For a guy to build a EX motor that has been unbeaten yet with competitors like 420 Long Rod Banshees, and Ron Woods DS 650's both on alky is a lot to say for a lazy *******!! Just to let you know when I screwed my Lectron cable up Tom sent me one FREE and it only took a few days!! Mistakes can happen, especially with a one man shop that has WAY more business than he can handle. EVERY business out there has made mistakes or got behind in business, so if you piss on your wheaties just because it took a while to get a carb cable then I can understand why your in such a bad mood all the time!
Search this forum and any other for things about TC,,worst case scenario you will come up with a few people who took a little while to get their goods,,,if thats the worst thing a Nationally recognized Pro engine builder one man shop has going,,,then it seems to me hes doing a good job... Tom is in the business to build motors,,getting someones cable that makes him $2 out the door probably isnt his main concern anyhow. If you want a cable then call Lectron Its guys like you that made him take 8 months to build my motor:rolleyes:

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Man everytime I read this it just pisses me off more. I have more respect for TC, Mickey Dunlap and all those guys that get flamed for stupid reasons more than I ever will. Im in the business of Customer Service also, and i make mistakes, more often than I should matter of fact, and if I knew my customers were spreading the word that I "suck" because I made one little mistake not only would it hurt my feelings, but I sure would feel like beating the $hit out of them. You guys flaming businesses for little mistakes are just a bunch of little b!tches,,,GROW UP,,,,,Somebody needs to lock this thread up, it should have been locked up the minute TC SUCKS appeared:rolleyes:

03-18-2003, 03:12 AM
Maybe tom shoulda spent a few days in business management and not spent all his time in small engine repair class. It's great that he does all the work himself...pay a college student $7 an hour to fullfull all orders and answer the phone..it's not that friggen hard to figure out..it really isn't. If he's that friggen tight for money then he needs to go to accounting class too..it's just flat out unaccecptable I don't care if he chit's golden cams and is the best builder in the universe..customer sat..is number one...if you don't take care of the customer somebody else will....period.

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Maybe tom shoulda spent a few days in business management and not spent all his time in small engine repair class. It's great that he does all the work himself...pay a college student $7 an hour to fullfull all orders and answer the phone..it's not that friggen hard to figure out..it really isn't. If he's that friggen tight for money then he needs to go to accounting class too..it's just flat out unaccecptable I don't care if he chit's golden cams and is the best builder in the universe..customer sat..is number one...if you don't take care of the customer somebody else will....period.
Rico please read all this stuff again. Like I said earlier, Tom has been in business many years and the worst thing I have heard is that he took a little while to get a part out. One time it was a pipe, and that was because he was in the process of making more, and then here with this guys throttle cable. How is that lacking customer service?? I wish I have only made a few mistakes the 7 years ive been running my business! I couldnt have asked for any better service than what I got from Tom, he talked me out of buying things I didnt need, and done a damned good job for me. I asked Tom why he dont hire somebody to take orders and answer the phone and he said he will never do it because he wont take the chance of someone giving out false information or messing his orders up, if his orders are going to get messed up he would rather it be done by him. If taking a month to get a throttle cable is the worst thing you have ever seen in customer service then you guys will NEVER be happy with anything that happens in this world!!

03-18-2003, 03:31 AM
Of course he'll make mistakes,,he is human..but trying to run a company by yourself while being on the road most of the year is not intellegent..it's retardation at it's finest.

Explain to me why he doesn't need someone to help him out?? He's not helping his business for damn sure...he makes plenty of money to pay someone to come in and help him part time.. Believe me I"ve heard of other stories about Tom before I ever came to exriders so he's not as flawless as he appears.. Good engine builder and very knowledgeable man..common sense seems to be a thing he lacks..:ermm:

Anywho I"m done arguin about Tom Cruise racing..I have plenty of respect for the guy but his work ethnics are questionable..:confused:

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Of course he'll make mistakes,,he is human..but trying to run a company by yourself while being on the road most of the year is not intellegent..it's retardation at it's finest.

Explain to me why he doesn't need someone to help him out?? He's not helping his business for damn sure...he makes plenty of money to pay someone to come in and help him part time.. Believe me I"ve heard of other stories about Tom before I ever came to exriders so he's not as flawless as he appears.. Good engine builder and very knowledgeable man..common sense seems to be a thing he lacks..:ermm:

Anywho I"m done arguin about Tom Cruise racing..I have plenty of respect for the guy but his work ethnics are questionable..:confused:
Maybe your right Rico, Tom has a few issues with trying to run a business like that himself. Maybe its his retardation that keeps the pros coming back to him?? But it sure is funny that Sparks has 3 guys in his shop that help him and he is still 4 more months behind than TC. TC did say that you NEVER catch up in this business, so why hire someone else tyo get further behind??

knighttime
03-18-2003, 04:33 AM
your constant praises of TC have become sickening at best. Look you yourself were a victim of his poor customer service, your engine work could have been done in a week easily, it took u half a freakin year to get your engine. Yes we know u spent a lot of money on it, and because of that you will defend TC the matter what. But face facts, lots of us think TC isnt that great. And we choose not to deal with him.

knighttime
03-18-2003, 04:35 AM

I guess TC knew u were the kinda guy who would overpay and wait over six months for an engine.

03-18-2003, 04:36 AM
Maybe its his retardation that keeps the pros coming back to him??

So he takes care of 10+ pro's and chits on the rest of his customers across the nation...moronic is what it is.:confused:

Chad I think if you just come out and say that his customer service is for chit..you'll make alot of members happy..we all know his engine building is top notch..it's everything else that sucks about him..:D

03-18-2003, 05:09 AM
Wow I just got an email notification that ChadEXer popped a cork :D

Chad chill out man your not helping by "over defending" TomC. cause it just looks bad.

I only wish that Tom was one of the guys who posted on the site so he could defend himself and set things straight.

I saw the changes in Marcums as well as TQS and now C&D but I will also say I see they all handled the increased business differently. If Marcum had either handled things diff or at min advised of the "true" lead times he was forced into you may still be seeing his adds today.

One point to keep in mind is that not every bus owner wants to be the biggest or have a lot of growth aka problems. Many would rather just be busy and make a fair living and not deal with all the extra bs that comes from growing. This may very well be the case with some of the names mentioned.

03-18-2003, 05:16 AM
ooops forgot a biggie

One of the major time consumeing things for many people in this industry is educating the consumer. I dont think most of us realize how many long phone calls these guys get (builders and dealers alike) that may never become a sale.

So if there not set up properly to handle the enormous amount of calls it can become very frustrating. I have heard some complain of the way FST doesnt answer the phone for most of the day and fielding calls in the afternoon and early eve , but I have to admit I like the idea of not interfering with the mech work loads to answer phones. I think its a great idea for a small bus that doesnt want to loose touch of its edge.

Chad Tom may not be for everyone and it seems he does have his preferred customers like many do but you cant deny someone their opinion if they prefer not to deal with him. And since he is seemingly at max capacity allready I doubt he is overly concerned.

Castor-426ex
03-18-2003, 05:20 AM
last time I saw a pic Of TC he had a halo:eek:

Extremeracer167
03-18-2003, 05:28 AM
well this is the first ive read this thread. First off.

Old#7 so what that Toms shop is small, that doesnt mean anything. Baldwin Racing is supposedly smaller then Toms shop, does that mean that Baldwin is a joke and has poor service??

Knighttime........you say your an engine builder or u supposedly do your own engines....blah blah whatever u do i dont really care, but ide like to see u TRY TO EVEN COME CLOSE to the engine that tom put together for Chad. I personally saw the engine! And i saw most of the internals, and let me tell you that if u want something done right u gotta wait! Sure maybe you could have popped out an engine in a week for you and your local buddies, but u arent supplying half the countrys top 4 stroke riders engines now are you? I doubt it.

I havent heard of anyone that really had major problems with toms motor work. I know i havent, and most of the guys i talk to that have his stuff LOVE IT. SO for him to take a little longer to pop out an engine, seems ok to me. Ide rather it be done right the first time then have to put it in my frame, run it, it blow up, take it out, ship it back, get it back, run it, find out something else it wrong, and the process begins ALL OVER.

And for the guy who started this thread, to me it seems like u just wanted somehting to B*TCH about. If u didnt call him to check up on it, then your just as dumb as u claim tom to be! I bet if u ordered a part from Fast by gass or whatever u said it was, and they didnt send u the part right away you would call them. But no u just wanted to be able to say that TC racing one of the best engine builders in the world didnt send my cable, and now its the most pathetic company in the world.

Bottom line is this......if toms happy the way his business is going, then screw it, i wouldnt change either. And personally ide rather know that i made a mistake then some local college student who didnt ship out a cable. SO i think toms doing a hell of a job, and for all of u guys that just wanna talk trash, go but from sparks and pay out your WAZOO and wait even LONGER! Toms still gonna make his living, knowing some jagoff who just wants to flame his company didnt get his throttle cable and didnt even call to see what was up!:rolleyes:

oldnumberseven
03-18-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
Old#7 so what that Toms shop is small, that doesnt mean anything. Baldwin Racing is supposedly smaller then Toms shop, does that mean that Baldwin is a joke and has poor service??

Hey Einstien! Where in any of my post did I suggest that Tom's shop was small? I simply stated the fact that I have been to his shop. By making that statement I was simply laying out that I have seen Tom at "work". Let me say this.......Regardless of what some people think the dude is NOT slaving over a work bench too much.

As for the Pro's......I promise you they get what they ask for when they ask for it.....not 8 months later or after umpteen hundred phone calls.

It is amazing to me how some people will stick thier heads up another persons *****.

Extremeracer167
03-18-2003, 05:52 AM
well hopefully u will stick yours up someones soon, cause that mean u would have to pull it out of your own......EINSTEIN:p

oldnumberseven
03-18-2003, 05:56 AM
well hopefully u will stick yours up someones soon, cause that mean u would have to pull it out of your own......EINSTEIN:p

Oh.....good comeback.....you rock dude! You are so cool!:huh Watch out guys this kid is "EXTREME" LMAO

03-18-2003, 06:02 AM
LMAO this thread is getting better with every post :) :D

Sorry to take your post apart piece by piece and hope it doesnt slow down my getting those lt dimensions lol.

Ide rather it be done right the first time then have to put it in my frame, run it, it blow up, take it out, ship it back, get it back, run it, find out something else it wrong, and the process begins ALL OVER I think everyone would agree with this but isnt that exactly what happend to ChadEXer???? :devil

d#7 so what that Toms shop is small, that doesnt mean anything. Baldwin Racing is supposedly smaller then Toms shop, does that mean that Baldwin is a joke and has poor service?? I dont think anyone (except maybe the thread starter?) is saying that smaller is no good but you have to admit that most of the businesses in the stuff would do better if they could controll things better time wise. I detailed my thoughts on this earlier.

Bottom line is this......if toms happy the way his business is going, then screw it, i wouldnt change either. And personally ide rather know that i made a mistake then some 1110% agreed and even discussed earlier but you cant get all flustered when oone of the people who were lost in the mix due to the design of things complains, its just gonna be part of effects of certain bus decisions etc.

Does the fact that one or one hundred people didnt get their cable or nut or bolt on time make TC a poor engine builder? He!! no not one bit but, the fact that he may be an excelent builder doesnt eliminate the other issue either.

Everything is relative as is fanatical behavior and therefore none of this suprises me one bit :D :blah :devil

Extremeracer167
03-18-2003, 06:08 AM
lenny.....you B@stard u will never get any info from me again!!!

j/p man.

old#7, i dont know if your attitude comes with AGE or the fact that blindness usually comes with age, but when someone puts THIS :p after a comment like that, it usually means they are joking around:rolleyes: Or is the overdosin on viagra catching up to you:huh

BigThumper33
03-18-2003, 06:08 AM
If tom is a one man opperation how could he NOT be slaving over a bench?

If does the motor work himself, and he also STOCKS cams and other parts.... that he has to weld up and regrind. Not to mention stocking and keeping an inventory on other parts such as that cable.

I got my cam in 3 days, his service was great. I personally HATE calling a company and having to talk to someone thats just a hired hand. It would let Tom get more done, but when I was doing business with HOUSER I had to get most of the info out of his wife(I think its his wife). She couldn't answer my questions, nor do I expect her to. I think its awesome that HE answers the phone, I want to talk to someone who KNOWS, not some kid that will tell me to get this when he doesn't have a clue or is too lazy to get tom from the shop to talk to me.

I'm assuming since Tom is a private builder that MOST people who call him want custom work, or want info to know what they want, most probably don't order basic parts, so if the KID can't answer the questions what is the point in having a person to answer the phone?

I don't mean to defend him as a TC worshiper, but I highly doubt anyone here could possibly even attempt to keep up with his work load. The customers of Tom's shop is a lot more vast than just exriders, its huge.

As far as C&D goes, I also loved their customer service. It was excellant. I just hope it doesn't go down when they start getting bigger, which I hope they do...the more business for them the better!

BigThumper33
03-18-2003, 06:11 AM
Just one other thing, Dune Surfer, from what I've skimmed through your posts it sounds like you may miss some big dune trip?

I don't care where I'm ordering from, if I have something big coming up I'm making damn sure my stuff gets here. Why the hell would you not call? If I suspect something wrong I call no matter who it is.... It just seems retarded not to if you have a big day planned.

oldnumberseven
03-18-2003, 06:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 440EX4me

Very well said! Ya know....Personally I think the guy builds one he\\ of a motor. I just will not do business with him because of things I have seen first hand in the past. I also think it is hilarious how people run to his "aid". Wake up guys you are merely his customer......not his GD advertising agency. People here rip on Trinity all the time......ya don't see me running to their rescue. I know of a few people who have nightmares with Trinity........they have treated me like GOLD......with that said......if they ever screw me or give me a run around I will certainly tell others so they will not have to deal with the same kinda *****.

oldnumberseven
03-18-2003, 06:18 AM
old#7, i dont know if your attitude comes with AGE or the fact that blindness usually comes with age, but when someone puts THIS :p after a comment like that, it usually means they are joking around:rolleyes: Or is the overdosin on viagra catching up to you:huh

Settle down tiger......I was merely messin with you!

Extremeracer167
03-18-2003, 06:21 AM
the reason i help tom, is because he helps me. He answers ANY question i might have, and makes sure i understand. So if smeone helps me, then i help them in return. Thats usually how sponsorships work. I run his stickers, tell ppl what success ive had with TC parts, and defend him when the time comes.

And someone asks why tom doesnt come on here and defned himself, or said they wish he would. The man usually works till 12-2am and is in the shop most of the day. SO im sure he doesnt really have time.

And nother big reason it may take long, is becasue when i was up there, i was in the shop for about 2-3 hours. And i bet he had.....10-20 calls of stupid ppl that just make it sound like they are TRYING to waist his time. Ppl asking if they can bore their cylinders themselves, if he would give them the specs on HIS cam so they can get a machine shop to copy it, blah blah. And that was within a few hours. on a saturday. I couldnt even imagine the stupid calls he gets during the week when its real busy.

Doibugu2
03-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Here is my 2 cents.

Chad spent $2 or $3k on parts from TC.

Dunesurfer just want a $20 cable (Not sure what it cost)

Maybe becuase Tom does everything himself he just does not value Dunesurfer's time. I think its okay to run a business that way, but Tom should have told Dunesurfer just to go somewhere else from the begining.

Extremeracer167
03-18-2003, 06:23 AM
well then old#7 looks like we both misunderstood. cool deal:blah

oldnumberseven
03-18-2003, 06:25 AM
well then old#7 looks like we both misunderstood. cool deal:blah

Yep......Gotta love how text cannot relay emotion or tone of voice. :)

knighttime
03-18-2003, 06:27 AM
I think dunesurfer is entitled to his b!tch. I also think extremely and chad should realize how annoying there constant praises and defenses of TC are.

Extremeracer167
03-18-2003, 06:29 AM
almost as annoying as your Tom Cruise joke:confused: nah couldnt be:p

MXQUAD294
03-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Fact #1: Tom has been know to be a slow shipper
Fact #2: Tom builds some of the best, if not the best, engines in the country.

So, if you want the best- you'll have to wait (This goes for Sparks, LRD, etc.- not just TC Racing).
If you want it here yesterday- call TimeBomb Racing and enjoy THE ride.

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Im in no way an advertising agency for TC. I went to TC for the same reason the pros do, because he builds one he!! of a motor. I think Knighttime and all these other little b!tching kids should realize how childish it is to come on here and flame one of the best engine builders in the country because he took a while to ship a throttle cable. Grow up and quite being little b!tches..
I have had awesome customer service from TC before we even started talking about money and matter of fact just got off the phone after a 10 minute conversation just BS'in with him. I guarantee you there are many more people that think highly of TC than little b!tch kids that have nothing better to do that talk $hit about someone they have probably only talked to once on the phone. GROW UP
oldnumberseven,,,you say youve been to TC's shop,,,thats one he!! of a drive from Cali....

oldnumberseven
03-18-2003, 06:44 AM
oldnumberseven,,,you say youve been to TC's shop,,,thats one he!! of a drive from Cali.... I travel quite a bit......ask Chris Waters.....I've been to his house/shop.....Ask Jeff Ulrich(Owner of Fullbore) I chill with them every so often. I hope you don't take me as a liar or some b!tch ***** kid........Sorry Chad, in my eyes you are the one that has taken this thread to heart.:(

knighttime
03-18-2003, 06:47 AM
Im in no way an advertising agency for TC. I went to TC for the same reason the pros do, because he builds one he!! of a motor. I think Knighttime and all these other little b!tching kids should realize how childish it is to come on here and flame one of the best engine builders in the country because he took a while to ship a throttle cable. Grow up and quite being little b!tches..
I have had awesome customer service from TC before we even started talking about money and matter of fact just got off the phone after a 10 minute conversation just BS'in with him. I guarantee you there are many more people that think highly of TC than little b!tch kids that have nothing better to do that talk $hit about someone they have probably only talked to once on the phone. GROW UP
oldnumberseven,,,you say youve been to TC's shop,,,thats one he!! of a drive from Cali....

Chad i think this is uncalled for. I think maybe u otta look in the mirror to c who is being immature.

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by oldnumberseven
I travel quite a bit......ask Chris Waters.....I've been to his house/shop.....Ask Jeff Ulrich(Owner of Fullbore) I chill with them every so often. I hope you don't take me as a liar or some b!tch ***** kid........Sorry Chad, in my eyes you are the one that has taken this thread to heart.:(
Come on oldnumberseven, how could i not come on here and take this to heart?? I have just as much right to bragg about how awesome Tom is as Dune Surfer has the right to say he has the worst Customer Service in the country dont I??? The fact is if you want the fastest EX motor in the country then send it to TC,,,if you want a Lectron throttle cable then call Lectron, dont come on here b!tching about TC. I should have asked TC about it when i was on the phone a minute ago, it wouldnt surprise me if it hasnt been but a week and Dune Surfer through it way out of porportion to make controversy:rolleyes:

Castor-426ex
03-18-2003, 06:55 AM
All I know is if it took over a month to get a cable from someone....id be pissed
and id def not wait nearly a year for a motor

hell anything over a month and Id be breathing fire

and by the way im no little *****ing kid im 24, 190lbs
and pack enough bang for 3 peoples Buck:)

dhines
03-18-2003, 06:55 AM
I hate to step into this discussion since, as usual, there is a lot more emotion being expressed than logic but I guess I'll stir the pot up a bit more just for the fun of it...

*Here's what I know:*

I've done business with TC a total of 2 times and both were over three years ago now. I won't bore you all with the details but for many of the reasons expressed here, I vowed to never do business with the man again - and I've kept that promise without any regrets.

Based on those experiences and those of many other people I've talked to, I think it is truly difficult for anyone to argue that TC provides particularly good customer service. For me it is not nearly as big of a deal that he takes a long time to work on engines - what bothers me is the fact that he seems to regularly tell people one thing ("it will be done in Y weeks") and then having it take Yx10 weeks to actually receive the product. I also personally have a problem with the condescending attitude he takes when speaking with him (but maybe I'm a little too sensitive :) ). The bottom line is that those characteristics are problems for me and I simply chose not to do business with someone who consistently operates like that.

Others may disagree. Chad and Extreme seem to feel that his quality of work (which I am absolutely NOT disputing) is worth the hassle - and that's great. Obviously many others agree with you since TC does not seem to be running out of business. I however do not feel that you can (with any real conviction) slam people who don't care for the way TC operates.

*Here's what I suspect:*

I'm not a genius when it comes to business but I've been around more than my fair share of small, individually-run companies and I've developed a pretty good nose for "knowing" how and why business owners do what they do. I think TC falls into a fairly well-defined and very common group of entrepreneurs.

As an example: My cousin Bill recently told me about a guy he worked for years ago in a refinishing business (we'll call him Jim). He said that Jim was particularly good at what he did and people lined up for miles around for his refinishing services. Over the course of working for Jim, Bill said that he was constantly amazed at the amount of money that this man would let pass him by. He said that while he could have been making big $$$ by doing the work as it came to him, Jim seemed content to do just enough to get by and be moderately comfortable.

Rather than coming into work at the beginning of the week and working steadily each day to complete his customer's orders, Jim would walk into his shop and tell Bill, "Well, I need about $600 to get by this week so lets see what we can find that hits that." Jim would then pick out the refinishing jobs that most easily totaled the $600 he needed to get him through the week and then called it quits. Bill said that people waited for months and sometimes a year or more to get their furniture back from Jim.

While it may not be an exact correlation, I have a strong feeling that TC falls into this very common category of business owners. He is obviously very good at what he does, but he simply does not want any more hassle than is absolutely required to get by at a level he is comfortable with and I think this outlook manifests itself in the way he handles his customers.

That doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy - it just makes him someone that *I* chose not to do business with.

Peace out

MSL
03-18-2003, 06:58 AM
If i wanted a cable i wouldnt have ordered it from one of the busiest engin builders around.

Castor-426ex
03-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by MSL
If i wanted a cable i wouldnt have ordered it from one of the busiest engin builders around.
thats true as well lmao

i guess someone passed over rocky mountain atv:D

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by MSL
THANK YOU!!! He just wanted to make a big deal and thats all!!
Dhines, I do agree with you, and the only thing I have "bad" if thats what you want to call it about TC is that the time he tells you and the reality time usually are a world apart. He told me 6 weeks and took almost 8 months. That did make me mad however it worked out perfect because the 8 months was enough time to spend the other $12,000 I put into the quad and get it all ready.
Im not sure if he does that on purpose or just makes extremely bad judgement but dont expect it when he says you will get it!! But then again I did send it a few weeks after I talked to him and at the beginning of race season!

4punksdad
03-18-2003, 07:13 AM
this whole thread started off as a flame...............
there used to be a rule in the list that mentioned discussing vendors. State only the facts,,,,,,,and without malice.

ben, we might need to add that rule again.

I think this is how it read..........

You can talk about the virtues or shortcomings of any products, organizations, or companies in a polite factual manner without malice.