PDA

View Full Version : Track Insurance

TShep17
07-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Starting a motocross track in West Virginia and didn't know who to go through or if anyone knew a company to go through

Thanks for any help

trailrider894
07-13-2013, 09:18 PM
You need to talk with a lawyer and find out what exactly you need in your state and make sure you don't need any special permits for noise or environmental stuff before you even start thinking about insurance. But then you'll need to know how much you need to be covered for. Its just a personal umbrella/liabilty insurance I am pretty sure, or so a lawyer once told me when I wanted to do the same you did. Then I realized I need a permit from the Conservation Department because I would be altering watershed to a creek and it was going to cost me thousands, because the land would have to be surveyed on my own dime.

KKiowaTJ
07-14-2013, 09:35 AM
If its for yourself and a few friends, Just build it and have fun. But if you are going to have a lot of friends and people who don't know how to ride you need to separate that patch of land away from your home incase some asshat wrecks and tries to sue. That way only the ground itself is in question and the house is not an asset that can be sold because of said dumbass.

Best thing to do is contact a couple other track owners and see what they are doing or what they would have done different. It sucks you have to cover your *** from idiots but that's the way it goes. Plus paper wavers are worth as much as bung wipe with a injury or fatality so id do some home work related to that.