PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling some parts

300ex73
07-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I haven't been on here in a while, so many of you probably haven't seen the 300EX I built a few years back. I started selling off some of the parts after the motor gave out on me. I'm considering putting together another 250X/300EX mainly for my wife to ride. However, some of the parts I have right now are a bit excessive for the build. Right now I'm gauging interest on a few parts. When I have them ready to sell, I will also consider partial trades.

First things I'm considering getting rid of are my Burgard LT setup and Elka triple rate shocks.
The Burgard LT setup is a +5 setup (Burgard lists these as a +4, but they end up adding just over 10 inches IIRC) with integrated balljoints, and adjustable upper control arms. I also have a pair of Streamline brake lines that I'll include with the suspension. New, this setup would cost a minimum of $830 with bare arms and the brakelines. The arms could use a fresh powdercoating, but are otherwise functionally perfect. I can have these stripped and ready for powdercoat, or have them recoated for no extra cost.

I also have a set of Elka triple rate shocks, with piggyback reservoirs and compression/rebound adjustments. These are in great shape. New these would cost around $1200.

The front suspension will require a set of 4-1 offset front rims to bring the front width back under 50 inches. I have a set of polished ITP T9 GP front rims I never used that I will consider parting with. These are the proper offset to keep the front under 50 inches. These run about $150 a pair.

I only mention the prices to give an idea of what it would cost to replicate this setup. I don't expect to get even close to retail prices for these, as they are used parts. However, they've seen limited or no use, so I will be asking more than the bare minimum for them. And as I've said before I will consider partial trades, given it's a part I can use.

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.