PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki KFX450R (488CC) Dirt Wheels Featured XC Quad...AND IT'S NOT GREEN!

racerrob
07-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Here’s your chance to own not only an incredible quad, but also somewhat iconic too. This Dirt Wheels Magazine Featured 2008 Kawasaki KFX450R (488cc) quad was on the cover and had a feature article written about it too. Built as an XC contender, the editors raved about every aspect of the quad. Whether it was the power, the plush ride, or the smoothness of the 488cc engine, there wasn’t a bad word said about it in the whole 6-page article. This quad HAS NOT BEEN RIDDEN SINCE THE ARTICLE! All of the parts are new that were installed (see below) and some were even added after the article and were never used at all! At the end of the day, if you figure up the cost of the quad and all of the parts and labor, you’d spend $25k to replace it. (And remember, all the parts are new!). As an added bonus, it doesn’t look too shabby either. Good enough to be featured at the Dealer Expo in Indy, and numerous catalogs of various manufacturers too. All those good looks and it’s a rocket ship too…how can you go wrong?
The list of parts and work is vast, and attention to detail is the same. I won’t list everything here, but I will hit on some of the stuff you CAN’T SEE. There are some unique items like the engine mount isolators for vibration and harmonic removal (Yes they work!), I relocated the battery from just under the headpipe (with the heavy stock battery) to mounting a lightweight CV4 Lithium battery on the back of the aluminum air box.
Engine: 488cc
-Crank works lightened, balanced Kawasaki Crank
-Carrillo H-Beam Rod
-Athena 100mm Big Bore Cylinder, Calico coated for heat dissipation
-CP Pistons 13.75:1 3-ring piston (for durability)
-Calico coated wrist pin
-Complete Xceldyne valvetrain, Titanium Valves and retainers, Mag-Bronze Guides, Beryllium Copper
seats, billet locks and locaters, PSI springs and Xceldyne DLC-coated buckets. WOW!
-Cylinder head ported and assembled by Malaska Motorsports
-CV4 ISF Superfinishing transmission process for smooth shifting, horsepower gain, heat reduction
-Hinson complete billet clutch assembly, Basket, hub, pressure plate, frictions, steels and cover.
-Oil bypass assembly with Fluro-coated silicone lines and oil cooler located under front plastic.
-CV4 Fuel injection controller, Radiator hoses, radiator cap,
-Fluidyne large capacity radiator
-CFM engineering high volume air box, custom red anodized
-K/N air filter, pre-filter, and outer wears air box cover
-Yoshimura RS-2 Exhaust

Chassis etc:
-Fox Float-X Evol front shocks
-Houser Slicast Maximum Clearance +3/4” Maximum Clearance arms
-Fox Podium-X rear shock
-DWT Beadlocks F&R, 4/1 Fronts, Black with red beadlock rings
-Kenda Kutter fronts, Kenda Knarly XC rears
-Maier white carbon fiber look plastic with removable red outer fenders
-IMS large capacity tank and Fuel Kool tank cover
-Moose Nerfs, Frame Skid, bumper and XC grab bar,
-CV4 Gator Guard sprocket guard, custom DG Swingarm skid
-CV4 cut-off switch mount , Pro Armor switch
-Quadtech “hump” seat cover and foam, carbon fiber hood
-Cycra Pro-Bend hand guards, anodized red bars
-RPM Dominator XC axle
-Renthal bars, Sprockets, chain, grips and donuts
-Streamline brake rotors, pads, brake lines, and carbon fiber steering stabilizer
-Works Connection clutch lever, engine plug kit

-------------------$10,500-------------------------------
++++++++Quad located in Thomasville, NC 27360. Contact: e-mail me at racingcentral@triad.rr.com or PM me here. I can also be reached at 336-475-1652 in the evenings and weekends, or 336-823-0052 between 8am and 10pm Eastern time every day.

FISH ON!
07-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Wow......sweet quad !! Wish I had the cash.

outback450r
07-20-2013, 10:20 AM
any trades?

racerrob
07-20-2013, 11:21 AM
PM sent