PDA

View Full Version : Noise in Oregon

12-12-2001, 11:22 PM
I was just wondering if anybody had any problems this past summer with the noise issue in Oregon, 93db.

I had my Dmc no probs what so ever, was everybody else fine?

12-12-2001, 11:33 PM
why is there a noise level to begin with is it

12-13-2001, 12:04 AM
The reason they have a noise limit is because there are homes around, which i have never seen. That is the only reason i can think of. Other than some pipes you can hear a mile away:mad:

12-13-2001, 06:58 AM
i think it's kind of hard to be regulating some thing that was never designed to be.i ride at little sahara in ok there it's no limits 24hrs a day

Chef
12-13-2001, 09:26 PM
everytime i see a cop down there, i either just kill it and act like im just sitting there talking to my friend, or i just gas it up and take off up some big hill climb where they cant go..

one time they tried chasing us...a kid on a yellow 416 and me on my bike. so we just played with them a bit, let them git within about 15 feet, then took off and left them in the dust a few times, went down into some trails and then came out on the other side of the trees at winchester, about 1/2 of a mile from them, they never did find us again...:D

Deathbringer
12-15-2001, 03:08 PM
I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!

I know why there is a noise level... If you ride at Winchester and you are way over to the inside near the really noisey highway there are some homes about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile farther in, through the woods and over some small hills..so you might bother them...;)

Other then that I have no clue why they have a noise level.. The damn factory near the end of Boxcar is noiser then any bike I have ever heard..

dune250r
12-20-2001, 01:03 AM
I went to Florence Oregon in October and I was cited for a noise violation. I was just sitting on my bike and it was not even started. The ranger picked me out of a group of 15 and asked me to start my bike so he could test it. I came up with a sound rating at 106 DB and the limit is 93db. I have a ESR trx5 pipe. If you have this pipe on your 250r and see a green ranger truck in the distance take off as fast as you can because there is no way you will pass the test. The ticket I got was $75 and I hear if the Oregon state patrol cites you it is a steeper fine. I dont suggest running from them though since you can get in big trouble running from the law.

Deathbringer
12-21-2001, 09:12 AM
Running is only running if they have ask "you" to stop or have made motions to you to come over or something like that.. If you see them coming and you don't look right at them and decide to take off I don't think they can call that running.

JabberJaw
12-21-2001, 01:38 PM
Uh...Yes your Honor! I do see the ticket, but I swear, I didn't hear the siren, the cop yelling on the loud speaker, or the gunfire. My bike is so loud, I don't hear much of anything. Plus, I was going so fast, I didn't have time to look behind me.

Honestly, when I got the ticket in the mail, I just thought it was another one of those donation things for the Local Policeman's Anual Ball. What?!?!?!?! What do you mean, Policeman don't have ball's?

Well, could you go easy on me, so I can afford to buy a new pipe for my bike? I also need some new riding boots too. HEY!!! Why is this a-hole dragging me by the arm? But I don't want to spend the night!!!! The weekend is just getting started!

12-21-2001, 01:50 PM
LMFAO,,,,glad your back dude..:cool:

Tommy 17
12-21-2001, 08:52 PM
omg that freak halarious... haha u better not leave again...

Deathbringer
12-21-2001, 09:15 PM
I got it I got it!!!!

Just claim your throttle was stuck and you couldn't stop so you just rode it out till the gas was gone...:D

4punksdad
12-23-2001, 05:02 AM
just use my excuse............."my mommy told me not to talk to strangers"

out4sand
12-27-2001, 03:20 PM
The sound is a big issue in Oregon. I hear that Florence is the worst, followed by Coos Bay, then Winchester and at Sand Lakes you are almost home free unless your ride is just ear perusing loud. The levels are 93 at Florence, Coos, & Winchester but they will allow you 2db so you can hit 95 and just get a warring. At Sand Lake the level is still 95 I think with the extra 2 db as well. I was riding with dune250R when he got his ticket and it was just a bad deal all around. We were sitting watching some people drag race and the ranger pulled up and ask him to start his bike because he needed to do a sound check. Mean while, all the guys running straight drag pipes that were racing seemed to just disappear while the test was being done, not that I can blame them but why in the world did he pick up us when these guys bikes were so much louder and running at the time.

4punksdad
12-27-2001, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by out4sand
The sound is a big issue in Oregon. I hear that Florence is the worst, followed by Coos Bay, then Winchester and at Sand Lakes you are almost home free unless your ride is just ear perusing loud. The levels are 93 at Florence, Coos, & Winchester but they will allow you 2db so you can hit 95 and just get a warring. At Sand Lake the level is still 95 I think with the extra 2 db as well. I was riding with dune250R when he got his ticket and it was just a bad deal all around. We were sitting watching some people drag race and the ranger pulled up and ask him to start his bike because he needed to do a sound check. Mean while, all the guys running straight drag pipes that were racing seemed to just disappear while the test was being done, not that I can blame them but why in the world did he pick up us when these guys bikes were so much louder and running at the time.

thats an easy one...........he didn't have to chase you fellas. you were already stopped. easy prey for the mighty "COPperhead" :o

out4sand
12-28-2001, 10:46 AM
you know 3punksdad that's a heck of a good point! He didn't even have to spit his donut out or spill a drop of coffee, next time we'll have to make the kill a little harder for him. :D

01-11-2002, 06:13 PM
thats like me, when i go to places like that, i run to the trails when i see a ranger pull up, my 440 hits about 103 wit the WB on it, luckly i havnt been cited though

dune250r
01-11-2002, 06:29 PM
I just got done talking to the Central Violations Bureau. They were nice and lowered the fine to $30.00. He said that the officer should have offered a fix it ticket.