PDA

View Full Version : Mikuni carbs

HondaRacing83
07-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Can someone tell me a little about these carbs? My buddy just bought a z400 and i have to jet the damn thing in a few days and i dont have much of a clue about these! Its got a uni filter in it and he ordered a slip on which should be here tomorrow. He said it bogs a little wacking on it now. How does mikuni jet sizing run? I have no clue where to even start here. I know they have 130 main and a 22.5 pilot. From what i understand hes gonna want to buy up to a 27 pilot abd everything in between lol. I have no clue on the main though where to start. Idk how mikuni sizes run and just get confused researching some of this hah. I know this isnt the appropriate forum but i know it gets alot of attention and need some help quick. Thanks guys!

Zakradu398
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Can someone tell me a little about these carbs? My buddy just bought a z400 and i have to jet the damn thing in a few days and i dont have much of a clue about these! Its got a uni filter in it and he ordered a slip on which should be here tomorrow. He said it bogs a little wacking on it now. How does mikuni jet sizing run? I have no clue where to even start here. I know they have 130 main and a 22.5 pilot. From what i understand hes gonna want to buy up to a 27 pilot abd everything in between lol. I have no clue on the main though where to start. Idk how mikuni sizes run and just get confused researching some of this hah. I know this isnt the appropriate forum but i know it gets alot of attention and need some help quick. Thanks guys!

A 130 Mikuni jet will equal a 150 Keihin. I would try a 132.5 to a 137.5 main and maybe bump the pilot up 1.

Here's a good chart http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_mikuni_vs_dynojet_vs_keihin_sizes.htm