PDA

View Full Version : Just got a 92 Lt250R and I NEED HELP!!!

Loudiamonz
07-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Hello im new to the forum....i got lucky and traded a chinese 4wheeler for this lt250r....it needed a new head gasket and a new impeller mechanical gasket...i changed all top end gaskets and its started on third kick but i didnt put any coolant in it and ruined new head gasket.."dumbass i know"...but thats not the problem...i am waiting on new head gasket now but my problem is the shifter wont move up or down...even when i pull clutch it still wont move and clutch isnt engaging with motor off...seems like its stuck in gear...when i got it the case was drained and clutch/everything inside was dry. Basket didnt look damaged....i just filled with oil...made sure everthing was lined up and tried adjusting clutch cable still wont shift and shifter still wont move up or down...PLEASE HELP ME.....READY TO RIDE....i will give more info or send pics if necessary....ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED...THANKS

headache
07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
sounds like something could be wrong with the shift drum, or possibly a shift fork. you may want to pull the clutch cover off and take a look. Also on these Lt250r's be sure and use OEM headgaskets if you can. The lt i had was bad about headgaskets leaking. Use a torque wrench and properly torque the head to i believe 22ft lbs. may want to double check that.. I also used Ultra Gray silicone on the gasket surface to help it seal.

Loudiamonz
07-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Ok kool, thanks for the reply, so what exactly am i looking for...and do i pull the clutch/basket to see what im looking for...sorry for all the ? 'S...i just want to pinpoint the problem...and you are right about the OEM gasket bcause i bought a moose racing top end gasket set and ruined the head gasket...MY FAULT THO...ran it without coolant.. not long enough to hurt anything else but long enough to ruin head gasket!(coolant getting into cylinder)....DAMN THE MOTOR SOUNDED GOOD THOUGH.....LOL......and of its one of the problems you said ....where to go from there? THANKS AGAIN

headache
07-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Yeah i would pull the clutch basket, and look at the shifter shaft and make sure its hooked to the shift drum correctly. If everything is good there, looks like you will have to split the cases and find out whats wrong. Its not that bad of a job, but i'd recommend getting a clymer manual first.

Loudiamonz
07-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Headache you are a life saver! I appreciate your help man! Im gonna pull ot off today and look...i saw a thread on here for a manual download but it doesnt work(sucks)...but if i have to split the case i will have to get one! If you have any other suggestions or know anyone with any diagrams or pictures or even a manual download feel free to PM me also....i will post a update soon....thanks again man