PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 tb 114 kit help

86z50/trx114
06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
I just got the tb 114 kit. the one that just comes with the cylinder, piston, and rings. so im running the stock head and carb. the motor is an 04. i starts up and runs but will barley idle and cuts right out on the top end. im haveing carb issues. it has the stock 90 jetting so thats a 40 for pilot and an 80 main... has any one else done this kit with the stock head and carb and could maybe tell me what jetting they did and where they put there needle??

miniquaddad90
07-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Bigger bore shouldnt affect jetting much. Did you change anything else? Remove air box lid, cam, etc...?

86z50/trx114
07-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Bigger bore shouldnt affect jetting much. Did you change anything else? Remove air box lid, cam, etc...?

no just put on the big boar kit and cleaned the carb real good thats it. it defently needs to be jetted. to me it sounds like its starving for gas but when i take out the plug its black. i know the big boar with high comprestion has way more psi so it sucks more gas faster so im gana try a 75 main and see what happens

JOHNDOE83
07-03-2013, 01:10 PM

Actually, bigger bores dramatically effect jetting.

You deffinetly sound like its way to lean on all circuits of the carb.

Youll need a bigger pilot jett and a bigger main jet for sure.

All atvs and motorcycles come lean from the factory and as soon as you add filters, pipes, valves, cams or big bores you start changing the amount of air the motor takes in and with more air you need more fuel.

Check out the FAQ section at www.jetsrus.com theres alot to read but its well worth it.

A stock 400ex has a 148 main jet, slip on manufacturers reccomend atleast a 155 main jet for the addition of their pipe to a stock 400ex motor. After adding a pipe 440big bore valves and a cam I went from a 148 to a 220 main with room to go.

Just to give a lil bit of insight for jet size to mods.