PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd banned from next race

TrapZ400
06-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Read a PR over on atv scene that byrd was fined and banned from racing the next national at steel city. The AMA said that the reason he is being banned is because he started a boycott. Anyone have anymore info on this?

Here's a link to it
http://********.com/blog/?p=14228

TrapZ400
06-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Link doesn't work because this site doesn't like their competitions name to be spoken. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just go to atv scene and its on there

blacknblue#2
06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Every pro but 1 was put on probation and yes joe was barred from 1 race. The boycot was started over a safety issue so stupid of the AMA if you ask me.

quad2xtreme
06-30-2013, 07:36 AM
When Joe spoke out earlier this year about track owners not putting the necessary effort into the tracks, I knew there would be some repercussion. This is it and the reason he was the only one barred from a race.

KKiowaTJ
06-30-2013, 12:56 PM
It don't help the ama atva is ran by a dumbchit. That's why all but byrd walked years ago. If all the other riders were head smart, They would sit out the same race byrd was 'banned' just to piss him off more. But they will see it as a points gain, So the boycott was pointless to gain safety for all riders.

TrxRider77
06-30-2013, 04:15 PM
It don't help the ama atva is ran by a dumbchit. That's why all but byrd walked years ago. If all the other riders were head smart, They would sit out the same race byrd was 'banned' just to piss him off more. But they will see it as a points gain, So the boycott was pointless to gain safety for all riders.

well just so everyone knows i just found out this week when i called to voice my opion about this bs that they are pulling on joe. they told me that the ama has no say in this matter that our series is ran by mx sports to take it up with them. well that was a big shock to me. and to clear things up joe was asked by every pro to be the voice for them to talk to harv. he was not the so called ring leader like they are claiming and further more there was no boycott. we were concerned about how messed up the track was and that it was not safe for any one. they dont care that every round had rain and 5 out of the 6 rounds were raced in either rain or mud. we had enough of coming off the track covered in mud to the point where you couldnt even tell who was who. not to mention the crueling pain of getting mud and sand washed out of your eyes for 15 miniutes and all the other hours of clean up plus all the motors that blew up. we all know they cant controll the weather but they can controll how safe the track is. we went to harv with 3 or 4 differnt solutions and his reply was no no no and no we are keeping the schedule as planed. so when we were called down to the line for our 1st moto only 1 rider went down,so he pushed it back to 3 o clock which was 1 of our solutions, so we said ok hes working with us lets all go race,so we did and this is what we get for it,

icecreammaker
07-09-2013, 07:12 PM
& he goes out to California, runs quadcross, 1st in 1st moto & holeshot, 3rd in 2nd moto, overall 2nd, not bad for a 40 year old, lets face it ama doesn't want Joe racing @ 40 years old, doesn't look good for the series,

Ken