PDA

View Full Version : chewing through bearing carriers: ideas as to why

honda250xrider
06-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi guys,

Wondering if you could give me some ideas or help as to why I have to keep replacing bearing carriers every 5 hours or so. I have replaced the axle, sprocket hub, sprocket, and brake rotor. I have not replaced the brake hub as I do not see/think it is bent at all. Has this ever happened to any of you and if so what was the problem?

*I have went through 2 East Coast ATV bearing carriers within 10hrs. I just can't seem to find the problem, and hopefully I am just overlooking/missing something.

any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lance

02raptor_rider
07-01-2013, 12:29 AM
That's crazy that you posted this because I have been going through the exact same problem!! I have not been able to pin point the issue yet myself. I went through two east coast carriers within 2 hours. Then I rebuilt one with a pivot works kit that lasted about an hour. I have heard that east coast had a bad batch of carriers machined that were actually undersized for the bearings. Just something to look into for you. I am in the process of replacing my brake hub right now as that is the side that keeps going out. I'm going to replace that and rebuild the lone star carrier I have to eliminate the possible east coast carrier issue. I will let you know how that holds up. Hopefully somebody else can help us both out as I too have replaced everything but the axle myself. But it is a brand new dominator 2 so I don't see that as the issue either.