PDA

View Full Version : When building a KX70 motor....

skyeryder
06-24-2013, 02:08 PM
When building KX65 into a true 70cc motor I've been told you run a stroker crank, with that crank is there any machine work that has to be done to the cases? We were going to build our bottom end ourselves and have one of the experts port and polish the cylinder. I just hate to spend money on assembly work that I can do myself. Does anyone have a part number on that crank? Googled it and can't find it on any sites.

neveready
06-26-2013, 08:09 AM
The cases will need to be threnched out to accommodate the new rod placement. Also you cannot just order a crank off the shelf, it has to be custom machined. There are several places to have it done but I would recommend planning the entire build with a professional builder as there are a lot of areas in the cases that can be reworked for better performance. I know everyone is trying to save money here and there but I would highly suggest having someone do one of these from the ground up. If not done properly they just become a ticking time bomb.

edwardsp&b
06-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Yep, exactly what he said.......Get ready to shell out 450.00 for the crank and another 400.00 for machining.......I would also go with a REPUTABLE builder......If you don't pick the right builder you could end up like we did and spend 3000.00 to build a motor that's a complete turd and wouldn't pull the hills at Budds creek!!!!!!!!!! Be careful!!!!
Bryan

skyeryder
06-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys that's kinda what I figured, thought maybe I could save a buck.