PDA

View Full Version : lt 80 starting issues

Ktmguy5786
06-22-2013, 05:44 PM
I have had this for awhile never gave me trouble now it won't start it just clicks from the starter relay i think. I thought it was the starter so i replaced it. put a new battery in it still no luck . Looked at the wiring harness and fuses there all good. The rear kill button seems ok? Im out of ideas here can someone help.

bigE28
06-23-2013, 06:33 AM
I have had this for awhile never gave me trouble now it won't start it just clicks from the starter relay i think. I thought it was the starter so i replaced it. put a new battery in it still no luck . Looked at the wiring harness and fuses there all good. The rear kill button seems ok? Im out of ideas here can someone help.

had that happen to me recently. i tried to start mine and the same thing. new battery and new starter! i scratched my head for awhile then pulled the plug and hit the starter switch, gas hit the ceiling!! see if that helps.

LT80
06-23-2013, 11:46 AM
You did push the red dot on the breaker, right? I think you may be calling it the rear kill button.
Like Big E said, it could be hydraulic locking (carb flooded the cylinder).

fearlessfred
06-23-2013, 12:43 PM
the diafram in the fuel pump/petcock goes bad and fuel runs past the diafram and thru the vaccum line ,into the carb and fills the bottom end with fuel.

Ktmguy5786
06-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Ill try it out and see. Just thought it would be something else.. the stator isnt turning all im getting is the clicking noise from the starter relay. Ya ive pushed the red dot breaker and no luck.

LT80
06-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Pull the plug, That'll tell us alot. :)
To test the petcock (like fearlessfred mentioned) pull the vac line from the carb and see if it's leaking gas.

Ktmguy5786
06-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Ive tried it nothing happened the relay is still clicking though. My plug looks wet. I pulled the vac line no gas came out.