PDA

View Full Version : New Carrier Fitment issues

DieselBomber12v
06-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Hello I'm new to this forum. I have an issue with an axle carrier I got off ebay. It looks the same as any of the aftermarket ones out there. My problem showed up when putting my caliper back on. Its now moved down and one of the holes for the bolts is blocked by the swing arm. I don't understand how this could happen as the caliper stay is located off of a bolt and cant go any other way. Also the rotor is now rubbing on the skidplate. Did I receive a bad carrier? Or am I just putting it back together wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mtndew99
06-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Rotate your carrier if it's to far up its hard to get the bolt in well actually u can't get it in you might have to just rotate your carrier 180 degrees I don't run a rear skid plate so I didn't have the second problem

Stickman400
06-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Yea, either your carrier is 180 off and not allowing it to rotate freely or you got a 450 caliper and a 400 brake stay or visa versa. Did the carrier come with a new brake stay or are you using the same one you had on there when you took it apart?

Fix29
06-20-2013, 10:04 AM
I had the same issue when I replaced my carrier. All you need to do is rotate it as stated above and then your bolts will fit in there properly. I have also had the same problem with my skid plate. I just used longer bolts and added a couple washers between the swingarm and skid plate to space it out and that should take care of your problem.

DieselBomber12v
06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys for all the help. It's the same stay and caliper I had before. I think it must be just rotated wrong. I'll try that and report back.

DieselBomber12v
06-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Update!: Rotating it helped and the bolt is now free and the rotor has plenty of room. Thanks for your help!