PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to racers~boo to politics

LT80
06-19-2013, 07:48 AM
A big GIANT kudos to the racers (especially the pro's) for sticking together at the last race.
When only a cpl go out for practice and nobody shows up at the line, it's obvious that the track was not race worthy.
The answer is simple. Get along and work it out. Strange words for the promotors and referee I'm sure.

So the race weekend is over, the PG has a great idea. Lets go out of our way to "discipline" the pro's. Hmmmm how can we do that? I know, We'll show GNCC on TV instaed of MX. That'll show em! And to top it off, We'll put a spode of a pro racer that don't even belong in the pro class on Tee shirts and advertisements (if any).
It was mentioned that they go out of their way to get back at ppl more than they go out of their way to work together. Nice.

And on a side note....HEY TIM at Red Bud...I'm removing your "lame SOB" status and giving it to the new referee.
I think Rocky should have tazzed his butt. :devil::devil::devil:

Logan #34's Dad
06-19-2013, 12:41 PM
A big GIANT kudos to the racers (especially the pro's) for sticking together at the last race.
When only a cpl go out for practice and nobody shows up at the line, it's obvious that the track was not race worthy.
The answer is simple. Get along and work it out. Strange words for the promotors and referee I'm sure.

So the race weekend is over, the PG has a great idea. Lets go out of our way to "discipline" the pro's. Hmmmm how can we do that? I know, We'll show GNCC on TV instaed of MX. That'll show em! And to top it off, We'll put a spode of a pro racer that don't even belong in the pro class on Tee shirts and advertisements (if any).
It was mentioned that they go out of their way to get back at ppl more than they go out of their way to work together. Nice.

And on a side note....HEY TIM at Red Bud...I'm removing your "lame SOB" status and giving it to the new referee.
I think Rocky should have tazzed his butt. :devil::devil::devil:

I don't recall what your referring to Jack.... :cuss:

fomospede
06-20-2013, 01:23 PM
dont knock the the gncc guys they deserve the credit too, they are on ATVs as well

LT80
06-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Sorry, no offence intanded to the XC side.
I don't get that channel so I don't know what their usuall agenda is. I pressumed that the air time was split and everyone got a lil andMX was deleted out of spite.

Longdong
06-27-2013, 09:08 PM
This is Copied from Joe Byrds page, a post in which someone else made. """Very upset right now. Joe Byrd got a call tonight from Harv Whipple , for those of you that don't know, he is the "PRO" official or referee, it appears Joe was given a fine (along with most of the other Pro guys) but also banned from the AMA ATAV NAtionals in PA. Supposedly an investigation was done and they say that Joe started a boycott!! How can he banned from a race that he didn't even sign up for until after the first moto was set to start? If you guys remember in 2006 and 2007, when the WPSA series took almost all the the AMA ATVA Pros away and Joe stayed... What for? What thanks or respect has he got for sticking by the series side thru thick and thin? He is a veteran racer and 40 years old and has been racing for 28 years and only has the next 2-3 years of competitive racing left and they took yet another good championship run away from him.
Fact 1: All the riders but 1 collectively agreed the track was unsafe as individuals and decided to not risk or lives or to waste yet more $$$ Blowing more motors.
Fact2: Why is he the only Pro Racer being banned over this, when they all (but 1) decided to not race
Fact3: He didnt organize any boycott or meetings
Fact 4: How can the LOVELY "PROFESSIONAL OFFICIAL" Harv WHipple, curse out and point his finger in John N Michelle Natalie face, none the less in front of spectators and no repercussions be taken on his part???
Fact 5: How can it be an official boycott when he raced? Doesn't a boycott mean he didn't partake in an event?
Fact 6: The AMA Official/referee Harv Whipple said, "you don't have to be there, if you don't want to be there, but we are racing at 2:00pm"
All I got to say is I'm tired of watching the AMA ATVA Nationals and Harv Whipple bully people around!!! This is a direct act against our 1st amendment right of Freedom of Speech, Harassment, discrimination and here-say and if I were Joe Byrd, SERIOUS LEGAL ACTION would take place!!"""

Longdong
06-27-2013, 09:15 PM
I copied this from a Facebook page. I did not write any of it, just copied.

Logan #34's Dad
06-27-2013, 09:43 PM
For those of you that do not know, I was thrown out of the same event by the amateur race official.... This new official thought it would be okay to show off in front of a few guys standing around him when I asked a simple question. These same guys standing around him would not give this guy the time of day if it were not for the position he holds. As most of you know, I personally don't care who or what you are as long as you act professional and don't treat people like they are beneath you. In my line of work everyone is the same.
Here's what happened (rumors had it that I beat the guy up), I rode up on my quad to the tech inspection canopy where this official was. Keep in mind, it had been raining for 2 straight days - I got pulled in by dozer and pulled out by dozer - it was still pouring rain and these promoters and officials were hell bent on running everything on schedule...they were on the pa system at 630am. I said to him, are you guys really going to make us go out in this right now? He replied, in a very condescending tone and with a chuckle, we ain't making you do anything.... I let that go by saying this ain't funny and a follow up question of can't we come up with an alternative plan at least for the open air box minis? These kids will blow up 10 feet from the start line. And said can't we just wait till this clears out. His answer was that ain't my problem...again in a funny guy tone, I let that one goes as well but started to get heated up. I then said, if this is all about you guys(ATVA) not wanting to give back our gate money or entry fee money you can keep it...we'd rather not have to replace motors cause MOST of us cannot afford another blown motor...At this point he started to walk toward me and real smartass said that was not his problem you not have to race...
At that point i popped a cork and made an *ss of myself. I never put my hands anywhere near him as I stayed on my quad the whole time and just barked a few choice words as he retreated back under the canopy and called for security. I explained to him that I had no intention of putting my hands on his dumb*ss... waited a few and rode off and waited to be towed out by dozer...and I was in a "good" spot...
I never even unloaded my trailer, all I had to do was put the utility quad back in the trailer.
The real loser here was my son (points and just loves to ride)... worst part was that the jack-offs decided to do one of my suggestions and run the kids the next day.
That's exactly how it went down for those who care.

Logan #34's Dad
06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
I wish I knew someone with sticker shop....We should ALL wear "JOE #7" stickers in support of him. I know he may rub people wrong because he is not that hand shaking love me kinda guy but the ATVA should realise all that he does for this sport. Such as his schools all over the world that brings in racers from all over the world. We have racers from Argentina because of him.
These guys (promoters and officials are killing the sport). IMO...

LT80
06-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Rocky, we don't like joe cuz he's a rickp not his lack of personallity (altho I think it's the same).
BUT ANYWAYS, I talked to many about that race and I can say 2 things::
1) Joe didn't start anything.
2) Rocky didn't get physical in any way with the ref.

jake55
06-28-2013, 08:07 AM
"he didnt even sign up until after the first moto was set to run"

there's the problem. why was he allowed to sign up AFTER registration is supposed to be closed?
why was sign up still open sunday morning????
doesnt sign up close at 8:00am saturday morning?

#404's Dad
06-28-2013, 10:39 AM
I agree, we had a few not signed up in our classes until right before motos, if there is one thing that annoys the chit out of me its the inconsistency in this sport, Rules and Guidelines need to be made and followed!!!

As for Joe I have no clue I didn't witness any of that but as for Rocky who knows with that guy :D

"he didnt even sign up until after the first moto was set to run"

there's the problem. why was he allowed to sign up AFTER registration is supposed to be closed?
why was sign up still open sunday morning????
doesnt sign up close at 8:00am saturday morning?

ontargetracing
06-28-2013, 12:35 PM
complete bs..!

jake55
06-29-2013, 06:17 AM
it's been a difficult year for both the racers and the promotors.
can you imagine the stress the officials are put under with all of us bombarding them with questions, comments and complaits that weekend?
no amount of money would make me take that job!!!
for the most part i think they have done a good job dealing with the conditions they have been dealt this year.
nothing is perfect, just make the best out of what your presented with.

t.hale17
06-30-2013, 02:21 AM
I agree with Visnic. Well spoken.

Logan #34's Dad
06-30-2013, 02:32 AM
it's been a difficult year for both the racers and the promotors.
can you imagine the stress the officials are put under with all of us bombarding them with questions, comments and complaits that weekend?
no amount of money would make me take that job!!!
for the most part i think they have done a good job dealing with the conditions they have been dealt this year.
nothing is perfect, just make the best out of what your presented with.
That still does not give them the right to treat people badly. I have said repeatedly about my incident that I'm sure that official was being asked a lot of questions about the weekend BUT as a "professional" he needs to know when to act that way. A simple answer to me of - we are working on it, or yes we are racing.... NOT more than one smart as* comment. At least start with that then give me crap if I don't let it go...
Not a very good way to run a business...AND this is a business... Customers that are not happy don't come back....maybe that's a big part of why our gate numbers are pathetic...?
Can you image if I instantaneously talked to people that way in my job....I'd be fired. Hmmm, maybe I should. Lol!

desratt
06-30-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't see why your upset about a late sign up . The more the marrier. As for being dangerous. They could change the course. If your gonna blow an engine put an air box on gncc guys do all the time. Or break out the pit quad our top pro am racer raced the pro am qualifier on a 4x4 and qualified. The guy who wins the series this year is a true champion. All this said it doesn't justify ignorant officials. I know they take a lot but if its that bad quit.
BTW we can't get rain to save our lives out west.

nastynotchback1
07-01-2013, 06:32 AM
water in the motor is not the only way to blow the motor.Pulling all the big hills(in a 1/2 ft mud) with the throttle pinned will blow it also.

LT80
07-01-2013, 08:11 AM
I think things should be variable.
Imagine having trouble on the road and you show up after sign up closes. Sure could ruin a 1000 mile trip.
IMO, If ppl would have been more variable, all this wouldn't have happened.

desratt
07-01-2013, 09:02 PM
I agree with the hills too. For us they have changed the track many times due to bad weather and pull out an old bike. Just surviving the race becomes the objective.

Logan #34's Dad
07-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I understand most of your points...
The thing about this particular event was...it was evident that the weather was going to clear up. It these days of smart phones...MOST people can look at a radar. And I'm not asking anyone to be weather channel qualified but a little common sense goes a long way. They were hell bent on starting on time..(guy was on the pa at 630 am and it was still raining). Keep in mind, the tractor sunk and got stuck by the gates...
I ask, why can't there be a contingency plan for weather? I know there is a lot of "IF's" involved but common sense is king. If they are guaranteed to have rain on Sunday then do everything on Saturday.... Everyone would rather race till dark than race in the mud.... We get done on Saturday by 3ish most times...plenty of time for 2nd motos.

edwardsp&b
07-02-2013, 06:57 AM
WOW Rocky.....I cant believe you got thrown out!!!! LOL I heard you beat him up and broke both of his arms!!!LOL

Seriously though.....Its a bad situation for everyone involved, including track officials. I wouldn't want that job! I can tell you this, we started running Nats full time in 2009-2010 and it was a totally different series than what it is now. I understand the rain has killed it this year, but there are other factors involved here and its not the weather......I know some (most) didn't like Smitty, but he was usually fair, and this type of BS didn't happen as much when he ran things.........

Kudos to those who have stuck it out this year and ran all the races......You guys have raced the worst conditions imaginable for a MX'er. Just finishing the races this year is an accomplishment!
Bryan

Ride1Rob
07-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Why continue to support something that seems to not support you guys? From what I'm reading ATVA is run worse than a local race series. You would never hear officials conducting themselves like what is stated above at a bike national or even a regional race for that matter. Sad