PDA

View Full Version : Pa Title question

HondaRacing83
06-17-2013, 04:32 PM
So im possibly going to look at this 07 450er tomorrow. Guy says he has the title but its still in the previous owners name. He said he has a copy of the previous owners drivers license so all i have to do is take it to a notary with the copy of the previous owners drivers license and i can get it put in myname. I called a nearby notary and they said no both parties have to be present. So im guessing the previous owner would have to be present? Which wouldnt work. The guy with the 450 swears itll work and be good and hes done it before. Idk we are both in pa and he saidthe previous owner was from pa too

CJM
06-17-2013, 04:34 PM
IDK I saw online awhile back you can apply for a PA title super easy. Heck you could just make up the bill of sale and they would never know.

coryatver
06-17-2013, 07:23 PM
the previous owner has to sign off on it at the notary

ben300
06-17-2013, 08:09 PM
So im possibly going to look at this 07 450er tomorrow. Guy says he has the title but its still in the previous owners name. He said he has a copy of the previous owners drivers license so all i have to do is take it to a notary with the copy of the previous owners drivers license and i can get it put in myname. I called a nearby notary and they said no both parties have to be present. So im guessing the previous owner would have to be present? Which wouldnt work. The guy with the 450 swears itll work and be good and hes done it before. Idk we are both in pa and he saidthe previous owner was from pa too

this quad by happen to be in butler?

HondaRacing83
06-18-2013, 12:44 PM
this quad by happen to be in butler?Thats the one!
I was gonna meet him at the outlets in grove city but idk now

01boneless
06-19-2013, 07:33 AM
why do people insist on having titles

chronicsmoke
06-19-2013, 09:20 AM
why do people insist on having titles

here you need it for the ownership & insuarance and to go and ride public trails (you need the title to get the ownership and you need the ownership to get insurance and you can't legally ride on public trails without it..

Sucks but it is what it is..

HondaRacing83
06-19-2013, 09:46 AM
That and so i know the ****s not stolen. i dont always bu stuff with titles but most of the time i do

own2424
06-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Use this link for everything you need to know about getting a TITLE and then REGISTERING your ATV in PA.
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/recreation/atv/index.htm

Call them and tell them your situation, theyll be glad to help you. I live in NJ and have had all of my quads registered in PA.
You really do not need a TITLE to register your ATV, just a bill of sale showing ownership and transfer of the bike from previous owner to new owner. Also, does the guy have a TITLE or CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN. Both are two total different documents, and here in NJ they do not offer TITLES with ATVs, only CERT OF ORIGINS, but they both look similar.

Good luck!

rcer450r
07-10-2013, 08:03 AM
I actually just finished the Police Academy in May and from what I remember from transferring titles is that the original owner and the party buying the quad need to be present during the transaction. The original owner has to sign the title off to you. So you must have the person whose name is on the title there to sign the title off to whoever is purchasing the vehicle.

KKiowaTJ
07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I have run into this, Its easy to get it done. Just add your name to or over the guys with a small sharpie and sign it sloppy. If you just add to, Go in and play stupid, Its an ATV and for off road only.
Just play nice and they will usually fix it and print a fresh one as long as its no stolen etc. The sharpie trick works just as easy, Explain that the pen was dry and you fixed it, They will run the #'s and if its clear, You wont have a problem.
But IMO id get a bill of sale too as a fall back option. Its just as good and your only trying to do the right thing by registering it. The bad is if they dated the title. But you can play off as 'race quad' and now just a toy you want to get legal for the trails.
Many ways to skin this cat, Im a independent insurance adjuster so new vin's and #'s are nothing new to me. If all else fails, File for a lost or stolen title. They will inspect it and print the title but you will have to take it to them and have some info etc. Good luck, Easy to do if its a legit quad/deal. That's the only way you will have trouble.