PDA

View Full Version : maybe a new bike

bansheerider_13
03-17-2003, 08:09 AM
i am thinking about trading my banshee in one a new street bike but im not really sure if i want to or sure what kind i was think maybe something like a r1 or something but not sure if i wanna get rid of my shee for sure yet im only 17 so im gonna have to talke it trought with my rents and stuff but can u guys give me some pros and cons and what type of bike would be good for me and remember ive never ridden a street bike b4 just on the back of one so nothing 2 powerful and crazy

CowsBitePeople
03-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Why dont you keep the shee and get the street bike??if you get rid of the shee you cant ride the bike in the woods or wherever you rode the banshee....I wouldnt trade my quad for a street bike but thats just me....

MaTT....

Guy400
03-17-2003, 08:17 AM
No offense but it's your first streetbike and you're not looking for anything too powerful but you're contemplating an R1?? You'd be better off going with a CBR600. They're more than fast enough to do anything you want to do. The liter class bikes aren't nearly as forgiving for newer riders.

bansheerider_13
03-17-2003, 08:22 AM
i really dont know much about bikes its just that i knew r1's are a popular bike but now that ive been lookyea its probally why to powerful for me and about me keeping my shee and getting the bike like 1 said im only 17 and i work at my dad company in the summer paving driveways so thats the only time i have income so i wouldnt be able to keep and get plus pay insureance

kwatts400
03-17-2003, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't go with a cbr as a first bike. Go with something like an ex 500 for a first bike, or an older fzr600 or katana. Being on the road on a bike is a huge difference than being on the dirt. You've only been driving for a year, so your driving exp. is minimal. Make sure that you take the motorcycle safety course before you start riding. It makes getting your motorcycle license easier and will give you a discount on your insurance. Not to mention it will teach you alot as well. good luck.

anywhereEx
03-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Katana's are a little more forgiving but then you always have to remeber all of the F'ing idiots on the street. I had my bike for about 5 minuites and rearly got nailed because a guy a truck was trying to go across the road and wanted to beat traffic without looking my way. Needless to say I was not happy putting my bike down on the skid nubs and shooting across 3 lanes of traffic to avoid hitting a 4 door f350 in the side. So that is something to think about.

Also call about 5 places for insurance. That will make you mind up for you. Paying a minimum of $2000 a year is a kick in the jimmy

kwatts400
03-17-2003, 02:44 PM
I had a problem with insurance when I got my first bike. I was 21 and was paying $2400 a year for a 2 year old fzr600. I only had it for a year. I'm 27 now and my insurance is down to $700 a year for an 00 cbr600.